IGNORED

My Lynx Flash Card / What do you think?

Lynxman

Hi,

i have some FlashCards in Stock. But i have to modify the manual a little bit.

Next weekend i will do this.

Please feel free to order.

For Lynx I user i recommend to remove the door to use the FlashCard.

KR

Lynxman

• Like 1

i have some FlashCards in Stock. But i have to modify the manual a little bit.

Next weekend i will do this.

Please feel free to order.

Ah, thanks for the info. Now, I know I may have came off as being a bit naive on what exactly you had in mind with this product. It's just that I really am in dire straights. Saving up to go to the MGC next year is at the top of my list, and all these custom build jobs got me looking into the local DIY CNC/Replication system projects in recent years (For example, RepRap!)

This basically got me thinking about the possibilities of simplifying the production of homebrew projects on the Atariage communities' part, as well as allowing production costs of multicarts being simplified by simply supplying people with affordable schematics and parts lists to build their own multicarts. This sort of movement is clearly in its infancy, but seeing as how the reprap system can be easily built, and with enough know-how and being able to pull basic parts together, one could feasibly build a good replication/cnc system with which to make PCB cartridges on their own.

Basically, I was just wondering if with this in mind, you'd ever imagine supplying the instructions to do so, for a slightly more accessible fee.

For Lynx I user i recommend to remove the door to use the FlashCard.

A bit of irony there: I bought this system, with the cartridge door long gone. :P

• 5 months later...

Hello there. I appreciate that this is my first post but after having received a near new Lynx II myself I was hoping to get a flash card too.

Do you have any FAQ/instructions that can be looked at before purchase?

Lynxman. Are you happy to PM me with the order details? Again I appreciate that I am a 'freshman' but I would hope that does not limit my ability to buy one! :-)

Many kind thanks!

Edited by dudeydude

Please visit my blog: http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/355-lynxmans-flashcard-blog/

You can find the manual in the entry "Firmware 1.11"

You can find informations about the FlashCard: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/159711-flashcard-information-and-news/

If you have any mor questions, please send me a PM.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lynxman, what is the current price with shipping (to south america) for these? Also, for now I can only get a Lynx I. Is it too much hassle to use? Thanks!

Hi Walterg74,

Price not changed. You can find informations about the FlashCard: http://www.atariage....ation-and-news/

Lynx I: i will send you PM.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sent a PM to order one of these!

Just wondering why the USB port isn't install facing up, so it wouldn't need to be removed from the system to flash a new game?

Because the µCom on the FlashCard or the Lynx would be damaged if both access the Flash at the same time.

There is not enough space on the PCB to add components to avoid problems.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...