IGNORED

What the hell is wrong with GoAtari?

superjudge3

The original limited run Protector is of course rarer as they are no longer being manufactured by Carl ("Songbird" here on AA). But that's not why I wanted it. There are several differences as stated by Carl, for one the original is much harder and the enemies are faster. The backgrounds have differences. There are some different effects. The boot code is different. There are a few more things that Carl changed with the ProtSE release, that he stated in a thread around here when he released the last eight copies of the original Prot. last year.

So,.. I wanted the original Prot. because it's a somewhat different game. :) So I have both versions now. :)

Yeah, it's funny. I actually ordered the original Protector back in the day, and then ordered the SE when that came out. It reminded me a lot of StarGate.

Hey, do you have an oval window VW Bug?

I've got a 73 Volkswagen Bus.

Check out: (go to Current Cars)

http://www.PontiacPerformance.Net

Yes, I do have a 1956 Oval Window Bug. It's great and looks cool!, I lowered it. :) It has a fast engine, a 2300cc with 40mm dual dellortos, racing heads, exhaust, etc. - not the original stuff but & I keep the body all original. I do all the mechanical work myself - not the bodywork & paint though. There are many cosmetic/body differences between oval bugs and all the others, 1958 and later. It's quite fun to drive, very very old school, kinda raw and loud considering the refined cars we have now. My avatar is a rare Europeon VW bug 1950's steering wheel horn button. I have been in the process of restoring the car little by little as I get extra money and time. :)

Wow! cool bus and a nice collection of cars there man! You have an entire fleet!:cool:

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

• 12 years later...

Ah GOATARI. I bought my first Jag back in 1996. Right after Atari pulled the plug on my soon to be favourite system.

I didn't buy the Jag from GOATARI directly mind you, but they were pretty much my main source of games. I suspect I may have spoke with Peter over the phone when placing an order at some point.

I'm assuming GOATARI let go of all their stock at some point?

From Urban Dictionary:

verb: (internet) To revive a long dormant forum thread by adding a new post, thus bringing it to the top of the forum list. Often a tactic of trolls attempting to control a forum

"That troll keeps necrobumping old threads so everyone will be too distracted to read the new important ones."
by ravic July 17, 2005

I don't personally mind that much since these forums are pretty low-traffic and most of the threads aren't exactly what I'd call "important", but I do keep reading through these old "great deals on Jag games!" threads, getting all excited, then looking at the date and cursing under my breath.
  • Like 2