IGNORED

SHOWDOWN: Video Pinball vs. Midnight Magic

Room 34

7 hours ago, keithbk said:

I'm surprised there have been no Homebrew pinball games, or at least some good hacks to create something different.

Remember, most pinball tables use the same equipment, parts, and pieces and just have differing layouts and graphics.

There's Alien Pinball that's pretty good. I noticed it doesn't work if Stella is in Developer Mode but on Player mode it plays fine.

Link to thread: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/235009-alien-pinball/

• Like 1

It's hard to pick...

Like choosing between Star Wars and Star Trek, they both offer a very different style of the same basic premise.

I still remember the first time I played Video Pinball, I was like, 'this is basically pachinko!' I was playing for about 4-5 minutes and had to use the flippers maybe 3 or 4 times. Otherwise I was just watching the ball bounce all around and racking up a score I really had nothing to do with!!!

THEN I read the manual and learned how to nudge.... SO much more fun!

Midnight Magic is awesome but it bugs me how much screen real estate is wasted to maintain the vertical playfield. Even if they had done it in two halves, that switch as the ball gets lower as many 8-16 bit pinball games did. But still, an amazing game.

• Like 1