IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

One question I still have is how these were sold. They had to be in some kind of box. Who would buy new carts without any documentation or box (on the other hand if people are buying from a religious store they probably have faith in the game). And what did these sell for - wholesale and retail?

I don't believe the game was ever sold in stores...it was mail-order only. According to the programmer, there was no box or instructions. I don't know about the price...I didn't ask him.

Just read This Thread from Beginning to End. At first i was skeptical, as Images can be faked but now that contact has been made with the programmer by at least 2(?) different people i have become a believer.

If you decide to sell it think about WHO your going to be selling it to.

There are undumped proto's out there in the hands of people who refuse to dump them etc. So if this indeed is one of a kind and it gets sold to someone who simply "disappears" without a trace, e.g you sell it on Ebay and make a grand or two, then the buyer de-registers from ebay due to harrasment from members of our community, the game disappears forever. And that would be A FELONY IN MY EYES.

Don't say things like this haven't happened before.

Dump the cart for backup puposes with out opening it before you sell. if you dont want to risk sending the cart to anyone ( i totally understand) perhaps there are people in your area with equipment and they could come buy and dump it without opening it. And for all the skeptics Perhaps you can ask the programmer that there are concerns regarding authenticity and if he would consent to his code being dumped for analysis and then that dump be destroyed afterwards.

Edited by rheffera

One follow up to my last post. To this point I have had no serious offers, so I am not risking losing an offer at this point by holding out. Obviously if I do get an offer I have to then weigh the risk of holding out for more hoping that the scenario works

No serious offers?? I am not sure if this cart is real, I tend to believe it's authentic. I offered you $1000 for it A LONG time ago. Learn to check your priv messages. That was a serious offer. Maybe it wasn't THAT long ago, but it was a bit.

I haven't dealt with Tempest or Thomas, but I'd vouch for them just reading the posts for many years here having been here a few years myself.

Edited by yuppicide

this could actually be my first post here^^

edit: it is! lol, more than two years membership, and heres my first post:D

i reckon its real, but whatever, i dont care for that argument.

i just felt like posting my ideas.

i read this whole thread through over the last 24 hours, and it seems to start out inquisitive, works up until it's pretty much proven completely real then the conspiracy theorists jump in, throwing doubt which if you read back a bit is relatively unjust. then nobody cares for a bit, now everyone is getting used to the idea that it's probably real, and that there are things to be done so it doesnt disappear again.

one point used to show doubt was that steve doesnt care about old hardware, yet doesnt want it dumped. if he's still a programmer working for anyone, he probably just says no to anyone with the intent of copying any work of his, regardless of how much he cares about it.

nagn2, i do think this should be backed up and stored by someone, not released without steves permission, regardless of how hard this may be to obtain. even if it is you who stores it. if you decide that having a copy on a cd or on your computer (preferably not, computers die faster) isnt such a bad idea, since it is legal and not any kind of infringement, then i'd say meet up with someone reputable from these forums and let them bring their equipment to your house and do it on your own computer, then theres no way for them to keep a copy. if youre anything like me, youre not going to want to invite someone off the internet straight into your home, organise to meet them in a public place as an ice breaker, talk over a coffee or something, you might even gain a friendship or at the very least a valuable contact to help with your buying/selling.

as said before, "dumping" a cart doesnt damage it, and it doesnt need to be opened. basically what it is, is copying the data off the cart onto a computer, the computer looks at the data like the 2600 does, only instead of using it for anything, it just writes it down and keeps it.

i've dumped a few games from other consoles (snes, gba), im not experienced, and i didnt give the copies to anyone, i just did it cos i obtained the hardware and couldnt resist trying it. however i can confirm that it doesnt change anything about the original cart, condition or otherwise.

enough rambling, im too good at that.

Edited by phreak97

Yes, dumping is not harmful. It is basically like playing the game as all you are doing is reading the cart. When we say extract the rom it sounds a little painful like going to the dentist. Really though all that is happening is the program is being read, stored in ram and then copied to your computer. $1,000 is a good offer IMHO. If you want to buy a plane ticket and come to Canada I'll help you dump the cart and you can keep the sole copy making it legal. I have a solar power unit on top of my igloo and the Huskies will scare off the Polar Bears so we should be fine.

Was watching some horror movies last night, when something in one of the movies made me think of this game.

What if it's cursed?

(and I'm just sharing a goofy thought ok?)

It would explain everything! The programmer is afraid to talk, so he is evasive, just trying to get away from anything to do with that cart...

Was watching some horror movies last night, when something in one of the movies made me think of this game.

What if it's cursed?

It would explain everything! The programmer is afraid to talk, so he is evasive, just trying to get away from anything to do with that cart...

post-6203-1190732549_thumb.jpg

8)

One follow up to my last post. To this point I have had no serious offers, so I am not risking losing an offer at this point by holding out. Obviously if I do get an offer I have to then weigh the risk of holding out for more hoping that the scenario works

No serious offers?? I am not sure if this cart is real, I tend to believe it's authentic. I offered you $1000 for it A LONG time ago. Learn to check your priv messages. That was a serious offer. Maybe it wasn't THAT long ago, but it was a bit.

I haven't dealt with Tempest or Thomas, but I'd vouch for them just reading the posts for many years here having been here a few years myself.

Yes, I have read all my PMs from the start! I didn't word it very good on what I meant by "no serious" offers. I know what I was thinking but did not convey it very good at all. I got 2 offers VERY early (both on Monday the 17th), before I had enough information to make a rational decision. I had not offered the cart for sale at that time. As far as I knew I had a one of kind cart that nobody knew existed. A few people compared it to Birthday Mania. I found a post by a member on here (I am sure most of you can figure who's post it was) that was offering $6500 for it. I didn't know what to think. So before I got a better picture of what I had I was not interested in taking ANY offers! I didn't want to make a rash decision and regret it, like I could have made with Music Machine when the 1st offer I got was a whopping $80. Now as time has played it out a bit and we now know there is a possibility there may be cartridges in Steve's possession then yes I agree they are serious and respectable offers. I just didn't want to assume the offers were still valid when I posted the message above since all this new information had come to light.

So let me state from here out I will read and respond to all offers. Just let me state again, I believe the odds are in my favor no other carts (if they do exist) will see the light of day. Again, I know I could be wrong and I can live with any decision I make...I understand it is a calculated risk.

nagn2, next time the phone rings.....don't answer it

and no matter how many times you try to get rid of the cart, it will reappear to you.........hungering for your eternal soul

it was forged in the depths of Hell with intentions to take mortal souls by the thousands

but Satan made one fatal mistake......this game wasn't any 'Pitfall!'

If someone else wants it for what I offered (or more) then that's fine. I would just hate to see this get ruined and disappear for good.

I know for a fact someone on here has tried to contact Steve through his website, asking if he does come across any related stuff or more carts they were interested in them.

Yes, I have read all my PMs from the start! I didn't word it very good on what I meant by "no serious" offers. I know what I was thinking but did not convey it very good at all. I got 2 offers VERY early (both on Monday the 17th), before I had enough information to make a rational decision. I had not offered the cart for sale at that time. As far as I knew I had a one of kind cart that nobody knew existed. A few people compared it to Birthday Mania. I found a post by a member on here (I am sure most of you can figure who's post it was) that was offering $6500 for it. I didn't know what to think. So before I got a better picture of what I had I was not interested in taking ANY offers! I didn't want to make a rash decision and regret it, like I could have made with Music Machine when the 1st offer I got was a whopping $80. Now as time has played it out a bit and we now know there is a possibility there may be cartridges in Steve's possession then yes I agree they are serious and respectable offers. I just didn't want to assume the offers were still valid when I posted the message above since all this new information had come to light.

So let me state from here out I will read and respond to all offers. Just let me state again, I believe the odds are in my favor no other carts (if they do exist) will see the light of day. Again, I know I could be wrong and I can live with any decision I make...I understand it is a calculated risk.

For the record, my offer on Birthday Mania is off the table. I am currently working on a huge deal and need to focus my resources on that until further notice. I highly doubt that somebody else would offer $6500 for Birthday Mania. Besides, I do not believe that Birthday Mania can be compared to Red Sea because Birthday Mania is a customized cart whereas Red Sea seems to be a regular game cart. Moreover, with more copies possibly in the horizon, that brings the value down. Lastly, I have paid thousands less for unique prototypes; I guess I just wanted to try and pry Birthday Mania from the owner but at this point I can live with that. ;)

nagn2, next time the phone rings.....don't answer it

and no matter how many times you try to get rid of the cart, it will reappear to you.........hungering for your eternal soul

it was forged in the depths of Hell with intentions to take mortal souls by the thousands

but Satan made one fatal mistake......this game wasn't any 'Pitfall!'

You guys are starting to make me wonder if it IS cursed! LOL! (hey look, I learned an abreviation or whatever there called)!

Maybe I will end up getting stuck with this cart and all I will have is one hell of a story of what could have been!

For the record, my offer on Birthday Mania is off the table. I am currently working on a huge deal and need to focus my resources on that until further notice. I highly doubt that somebody else would offer $6500 for Birthday Mania. Besides, I do not believe that Birthday Mania can be compared to Red Sea because Birthday Mania is a customized cart whereas Red Sea seems to be a regular game cart. Moreover, with more copies possibly in the horizon, that brings the value down. Lastly, I have paid thousands less for unique prototypes; I guess I just wanted to try and pry Birthday Mania from the owner but at this point I can live with that. ;)

I do understand your point. I was just saying at the time of the offers, it was too early and things were going to fast. I had no idea what it was worth so I just didn't want to make a rash decision. Out of curiosity, what is a customized cart?

I do not believe that Birthday Mania can be compared to Red Sea because Birthday Mania is a customized cart whereas Red Sea seems to be a regular game cart.
That sums up about the only difference between these two.

Nagn2, this explains it:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=18568

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

What if it's cursed?

You may not know this, but John Titor was sent back in time to destroy every copy of this cartridge. Looks like he missed one. The world is doomed unless something is done quickly. Every time it is played, the portal to the hell dimension cracks open a little more. Somebody hurry up and buy this unholy game for $5,000 before it's too late! Once you have it, do not dump the cartridge and keep it away from your Atari. Quickly pour holy water over the 'game' and then smash it to pieces.

post-13-1190733630.gif

• Like 1

I do not believe that Birthday Mania can be compared to Red Sea because Birthday Mania is a customized cart whereas Red Sea seems to be a regular game cart.
That sums up about the only difference between these two.

Nagn2, this explains it:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=18568

8)

Thank you! You are truely a very helpful person on here!

that was offering $6500 for it.

LOL, for that amount i would personally program an exclusive Atari 2600 game, make exactly 1 copy and sell that to the buyer.

Since i am in a good mood today i will even give a discount. Anyone wants to have a very rare game (guaranteed to have only 1 existing copy) for $5000 ??