IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

There are a lot of guys who don't use the Internet because they are manly men with manly jobs and they don't have time for Internet silliness. He may not even know that AtariAge exists.

Could very well be the case.

For him it most probably was a one time thing, done a loooong time ago.

8)

Actually, he was informed by people here that his carts were now "collectibles" and that he could sell them and make and absolute killing and he still didnt bother to dig them out. He didn't come across as someone who was mega rich, but he did come across as an "entrepreneur", which makes his actions seem inconsistent.

Actually, he was informed by people here that his carts were now "collectibles" and that he could sell them and make and absolute killing and he still didnt bother to dig them out. He didn't come across as someone who was mega rich, but he did come across as an "entrepreneur", which makes his actions seem inconsistent.

Maybe he's one of those creepy hoarders who have stuff piled to the ceiling and it would take him 20 years to get to the cartridges. Those people are out of their minds, so don't expect consistency. :D

Also, I'm not interested in buying and selling and trying to get a few bucks out of a piece of video game history (that's your business, I believe).

I am 100% sure of that, I bet you've never invested a dime in anything 2600 related.

BTW: the ROMS and scans I get 'my grubby little hands' on are instantly shared with the community, remember?

So you can constantly post links all over AtariAge with a silly little 8) smiley, because it makes you feel important. :P

I don't keep them for myself and flash with them once in a while (watermarked and all) to show off.

I wonder why half of the scans on atarimania's site are watermarked with a diagonal "atarimania". :ponder:

Also, I'm not interested in buying and selling and trying to get a few bucks out of a piece of video game history (that's your business, I believe).

I am 100% sure of that, I bet you've never invested a dime in anything 2600 related.

BTW: the ROMS and scans I get 'my grubby little hands' on are instantly shared with the community, remember?

So you can constantly post links all over AtariAge with a silly little 8) smiley, because it makes you feel important. :P

I don't keep them for myself and flash with them once in a while (watermarked and all) to show off.

I wonder why half of the scans on atarimania's site are watermarked with a diagonal "atarimania". :ponder:

i am waiting for the sequal to this game:

Red Sea Crossing 2:Revenge of Moses

THe main problem is that the owner wont sell it for even 7000 dollars and tags a clause on it that whoever buys it cannot dump the rom because he made a promise to the original designer (who has a shed load of these games) not to. Has any 2600 game ever been sold for more than 7000? Again too much that does not make sense ;)

It doesn't work that way.

Either something is sold, or not. Selling things, with "use clauses" really isn't selling them.

So, if the current owner made a promise to not dump the ROM, that's his own burden. Performing a dump, for archive purposes, or for critique, is perfectly legal, and ethical. Should the cart be sold, the new owner is under no obligation to honor the promises made by the old owner --and shouldn't frankly!

Now I'm not saying, buy the thing, dump 'n make a torrent. I am saying that nothing the current owner says, nor what the author of the game says, has any impact on a future owner, or there isn't a sale. Distribution of it is where all the tension is. It's really pretty easy to honor the intention of the original author and satisfy the community interest in this thing.

Put another way, anyone that makes a promise that speaks for some future owner and their interests isn't thinking things through, and anyone who expects that promise to be upheld is guilty of the same thing.

Somehow that does not add up to me. It all totally reeks of a manipulation. Great drama though.

Edited by potatohead

THe main problem is that the owner wont sell it for even 7000 dollars and tags a clause on it that whoever buys it cannot dump the rom because he made a promise to the original designer (who has a shed load of these games) not to. Has any 2600 game ever been sold for more than 7000? Again too much that does not make sense ;)

Please show me where I ever said this! I wish people would quit speaking for me!

Well, let's clear it up!

Did you promise not to dump the program image?

Did you refuse to sell it for $7K?

Did you get an offer for $7K?

What information do you have on "a shed full" of games?

Easy cheezy. Just post up simple answers to those, then the discussion continues. The thread is plenty long enough to warrant a refresh. Why not do that right now?

Edited by potatohead

Maybe he's one of those creepy hoarders who have stuff piled to the ceiling and it would take him 20 years to get to the cartridges. Those people are out of their minds, so don't expect consistency. :D

That happened recently with that Telesys employee who had hoarded a bunch of protos and Romox carts. He pretty quickly went through all his stuff and sold what he had once he found out how much the stuff was worth. Money talks, even to "Creepy hoarders".

Nagn2's actons are inconsistent with a seller's, and the developer's actions are jsut dont make sense either. put those two factors together and you can be pretty certain you are dealing with a fake ;) I bet nagn2 will never let this get dumped and analysed

Well, let's clear it up!

Did you promise not to dump the program image?

Did you refuse to sell it for $7K?

Did you get an offer for $7K?

What information do you have on "a shed full" of games?

Easy cheezy. Just post up simple answers to those, then the discussion continues. The thread is plenty long enough to warrant a refresh. Why not do that right now?

When I said I would not dump the ROM it is because I promised Steve I would not dump the ROM for profit. He said he didn't like the idea of someone making copies of his game and selling them for a profit. He considered it stealing. I told him I would not do it. I understand if I sell it I have no control over what the buyer does with it.

I have never been offered $7000 and have never stated so.

Steve never told me he had "a shed full" of games. That rumor got started by someone else on here who claimed they spoke with him. All he ever told me was he didn't know if he had anything left and it would take some serious digging to find out if he did. He told me he has no desire to do so. If you go back to post #326 from Sept. 24th 2007 I gave my thoughts on him finding anything. It has been 2 years and so far I have been right.

Before people on here "quote me" they need to go back and read my posts!

Edited by nagn2
  • Like 1

i am waiting for the sequal to this game:

Red Sea Crossing 2:Revenge of Moses

Probably could have programmed it yourself in the mean-time.

Gotta say though, I am enjoying this thread especially since I believe it's all a gag.

It's all too convenient.

Oh I found Music Machine (a known super rare) and this other game (wow, an R10 AND an R100! - must be true!)

Not, I found a Pac-Man and this other weird game.

And the label style reminds me of Wizard games (conveniently ANOTHER super rare company if you're hoaxing and less obvious than copying Atari, Activision etc.)

Just my thoughts.

Edited by godzillajoe

With all these offers of assistance and $$ - the ball is quite clearly in your court Nagn - what is your next step?

Read post #592. This cart isn't going anywhere ;) Unless whoever programmed it can re-write the code using only 1983 techniques. Still very risky to attepmt and not worth the effort now.

Ah, I can smell the testosterone estrogen here! :lust:

• Like 1

What do you all think of the cart itself?

Does it look fake to you?

If so, why?

I don't know much about aging cartridges, so I could be wrong. The label looks aged, but the edges of it look kind of new to me. It kind of looks like someone created a fake aged label, but forgot to make the edges look old.

What do you all think of the cart itself?

Does it look fake to you?

If so, why?

I don't know much about aging cartridges, so I could be wrong. The label looks aged, but the edges of it look kind of new to me. It kind of looks like someone created a fake aged label, but forgot to make the edges look old.

You can make a label look like that in CA in no time. ;) Little mist and blaring sun, mixed with a little wind and dust. :ponder:

>writes homebrewfinds relic

This thread is way too long for me to read the whole thing. To make a long story short, I just found a copy of Red Sea Crossing at a flea market along with a sealed copy of Gauntlet (it was just some crappy pirate version with Crocodile Dundee on the front, so I trashed it). Anyhow, is this game any fun?

Let's try this again...

So if horseboy just found a copy at a local flea market, why doesn't someone dump and or inspect his to see of it's legitimacy?