IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

Cutting = Damaging = Bad Idea

Using a heat gun can be dangerous too.

I really hope that Steve's word and examining the code will be enough to proof that this one is genuine.

Otherwise I'm afraid it has to be opened in order to sell it...

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Now, is this game from 1983 or from 2007? That is the $64,000 question.
Well, you have to be one hell of a mindmaster to create a fake cart like this.

Ok, let's earn some quick money, shall we?

1) Let's program a complete Atari 2600 game.

2) Let's call it... Crossing The Red Sea, starring Moses.

3) Let's put it on a ROM.

3) Let's get an old looking casing from 1983.

4) Let's create a genuine, old looking, home made label.

5) Let's put a 1983 copyright on it and a model number that means nothing special.

6) Let's also put some outdated information from a friend of mine (who happens to be a programmer from the eighties) on it too.

7) Let's inform him about this, so that if a buyer calls him, he can act like an old era programmer.

8 ) Let's create a story of how I found this cart and let's also create a story for my friend of how he made this cart back in 1983.

9) Let my friend tell the buyer that he sold 100 copies of the game back then (just to boost up the value of this cart).

10) Let's now put it on AtariAge, act innocent and face the critics and hardcore Atari 2600 cart collectors.

Easy money.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

5) Let's put a 1983 copyright on it and a model number that means nothing special.

6) Let's also put some outdated information from a friend of mine (who happens to be a programmer from the eighties) on it too.

7) Let's inform him about this, so that if a buyer calls him, he can act like an old era programmer.

8 ) Let's create a story of how I found this cart and let's also create a story for my friend of how he made this cart back in 1983.

9) Let my friend tell the buyer that he sold 100 copies of the game back then (just to boost up the value of this cart).

10) Let's now put it on AtariAge, act innocent and face the critics and hardcore Atari 2600 cart collectors.

Easy money.

8)

Okay, item 1 is difficult. That's a given. Items 2 and 4 through 10 aren't too difficult, although a few skills and resources are required regarding the label, and of course finding a programmer friend.

As far as a ROM goes, there's no positive indication that it is a ROM. The programmer states that a manufacturer made everything beyond the prototypes. He later talks about a ROM, but that could easily be a convenient term to mean either a PROM or EPROM. The programmer probably doesn't even know exactly what's inside, assuming the manufacturer assembled the unit.

As far as the casing goes, I have no opinion/clue. I wonder if cases were fairly readily available or not, from the same sources as other game companies used?

An x-ray machine (like one at an electronics manufacturer) could give a pretty good view of the board, and likely determine the part(s) inside. I'm not sure if this would have an effect on the memory chip, though.

I'm not saying it is a hoax, but it could be. Either way, this is lots of fun.

Gotta go!

Thanks,

5-11under

Easy money.

8)

The Hitler Diaries were fakes too. A lot of hard work went into them but the world believed that they were genuine. If someone has the expertise then yes it is easy money for there are a hell of a lot of trusting collectors out there who will pay insane amounts of money to own a game. Air Raiders ring any bells? ;)

That's North Carolina.

8)

Fine. I went through all my carts (and I have a lot) and the S marking isn't very common. This is my revised list.

S-16 = Tank Brigade (Panda)

S-15 = Dice Puzzle (Panda)

S-14 = Tapper (Sega)

S-12 = Fast Food (Telesys)

S-11 = Cosmic Creeps (Telesys), Up N Down (Sega)

S-10 = Exocet (Panda), Stuntman (Panda), Harbor Escape (Panda)

S-9 = Stargunner (Telesys)

S-6 = Spy Hunter (Sega), Space Canyon (Panda)

S-5 = Scuba Diver (Panda)

All Panda games had an S code on them, while most of the Sega and Telesys games did not have one. None of my Apollo carts had one. Make of that what you will, I have no idea what it means.

*edit* Sorry, I just realized that all the Sega and Telesys games I have that have that cartridge design have the S label.

Edited by gospeedde

Now I know it's a fake! Notice the professional gray background! It's not just sitting on a table with a coffee cup, cat, or knocked over Pepsi can in the background! It's a fake! :D

Looks very professional the background. Interesting! ;)

Now I know it's a fake! Notice the professional gray background! It's not just sitting on a table with a coffee cup, cat, or knocked over Pepsi can in the background! It's a fake! :D

I can change the background and put a Pepsi can in it if you like. I won't hide the fact that I do sell on Ebay for a living...that is why I was at the garage sale where I found this in the first place. I was simply trying to take a nicer picture for all of you. I guess I will not do any more.

I can change the background and put a Pepsi can in it if you like. I won't hide the fact that I do sell on Ebay for a living...that is why I was at the garage sale where I found this in the first place. I was simply trying to take a nicer picture for all of you. I guess I will not do any more.

If you see one of these:

:D

It means someone is joking around.

If you see one of these:

:x

It usually means someone is not joking and they want to kill you and eat your liver.

If you see one of these:

:roll:

It usually means the person is a douchebag. :D

If you see one of these:

:D

It means someone is joking around.

If you see one of these:

:x

It usually means someone is not joking and they want to kill you and eat your liver.

If you see one of these:

:roll:

It usually means the person is a douchebag. :D

Ok, I guess it is obivous that I have never been on a forum or in a chat room before. I have never even text messaged on a phone before. I don't know what all this lingo and all these images mean let alone all this Atari lingo. Thanks for clarifying.