IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

I think it's safe to assume that the S- code was made during cartridge shell production. Nothing to do with specific titles or producers.
And it confirms the fact that it's a US made cartridge shell from the eighties.

BTW: I just noticed a TM behind the game's title.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I think it's safe to assume that the S- code was made during cartridge shell production. Nothing to do with specific titles or producers.
And it confirms the fact that it's a US made cartridge shell from the eighties.

BTW: I just noticed a TM behind the game's title.

8)

Where do you see the TM. I am looking at the cartridge and do not see it?

On the end label or the main label? I still don't see it. Can you narrow the area down? I must be blind!

Both.

Probably you camera is better than the human eye. Check your own picture: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=85348 (better noticable on the end label)

Where do you see the TM. I am looking at the cartridge and do not see it?

Behind the text "Red Sea Crossing", hardly noticable in red.

On the end label or the main label? I still don't see it. Can you narrow the area down? I must be blind!

I see it, it's on the end label in darker red than the main lettering.

By 1983 standards, that was probably pretty good. I'm sure that cost was the main factor as to what quality labels he used.

Nah, the red printing is about one inch off. That wasn't even acceptable in the middle age. ;)

Ok, I took it out in the sunlight (I was in my dark basement) and it is VERY noticeable on both the end label and front label. Way better that my pictures.

By 1983 standards, that was probably pretty good. I'm sure that cost was the main factor as to what quality labels he used.

Nah, the red printing is about one inch off. That wasn't even acceptable in the middle age. ;)

I thought it was an "effect" showing movement.

Here's a thought that just occured to me. The 1st time I talked to Steve he mentioned that he only advertised this in the back of a couple of magazines but he could not remember which ones. If anybody can find an ad from a magazine from 1983 it would substantiate this whole thing. I assume it would be in a computer magazine and from 1983 and probably a very small ad. I have no clue where to even start to look or how to go about even getting a list of magazines that were out there. I would think someone out here is smart enough and may be able to find it. It may be a needle in a haystack but it is just a thought.

• Like 2

...supported, since the red text and border is not misaligned, only game sprites have the "motion" shadow (and are still colored red as well). A true 2nd pass misalignment would have left them all white.

Here's a thought that just occured to me. The 1st time I talked to Steve he mentioned that he only advertised this in the back of a couple of magazines but he could not remember which ones. If anybody can find an ad from a magazine from 1983 it would substantiate this whole thing. I assume it would be in a computer magazine and from 1983 and probably a very small ad. I have no clue where to even start to look or how to go about even getting a list of magazines that were out there. I would think someone out here is smart enough and may be able to find it. It may be a needle in a haystack but it is just a thought.

Well if it was in one of the videogame magazines of the time, I think I would have caught it. The only game I ever saw advertised back then, which never materialized, was some game called Football Fanatic. It was advertised in the sports pages of the New york Daily News.

Another thought is that he might have been advertised in religious magazines. A lot of this still doesn't make sense to me. If he advertised the game, he should have expected to sell more than 100 copies, so why make only 100? Wouldn't his costs decrease with quantity?

Another question is if he had enough foresight to advertise the game, why didn't he just send the magazine a review copy?

Edited by rolenta

Well if it was in one of the videogame magazines of the time, I think I would have caught it. The only game I ever saw advertised back then, which never materialized, was some game called Football Fanatic. It was advertised in the sports pages of the New york Daily News.

Another thought is that he might have been advertised in religious magazines. A lot of this still doesn't make sense to me. If he advertised the game, he should have expected to sell more than 100 copies, so why make only 100? Wouldn't his costs decrease with quantity?

Another question is if he had enough foresight to advertise the game, why didn't he just send the magazine a review copy?

He never gave an exact number, he didn't quite remember. I never quoted on here "100 games". I believe I said a few hundred (please see post #39) which is what he told me. I think someone else has started the "100" idea.

Also, I guess it is a possibility he did it in a religious magazine, please remeber I did buy The Music Machine at the same garage sale.

Well if it was in one of the videogame magazines of the time, I think I would have caught it.

have you looked in all of the "Logical gamer" mags?

don't know too many people that have a complete set of these...

Rick

have you looked in all of the "Logical gamer" mags?
What's that?

guess that's answers my question :P

it's a newspaper like mag that did get a few ads for videogames in it. Videogame products (where i got many of my Ultra rare stuff from back in the day) did a ad in it.

Rick

post-13-1190235699.jpg

There is no such trademark on record at uspto.gov, but I am not surprised. It was probably slapped on there as an afterthought, and with such a short run, and limited distribution, filing for a trademark would not make any sense.

I concur, that's what it looks like to me as well.

..Al