IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

I recently picked up 2 Atari 2600 games at a garage sale. One was " The Music Machine" which I researched and found out was a very rare game. The other one I picked up is titled "Red Sea Crossing". I can't find any information on it at all. I would appreciate any information anyone has on this game. The label says "1983 Steve Stack, Inc. Inspirational Video Concepts" and then lists a phone number below it.

Here are some screen shots. I will try to make a movie of me playing it also. What is a homebrew? Also what is the difference between a hack and a fake.? Also , how do I open the cartridge? I do appreciate the help!

post-15750-1189949949_thumb.jpg

post-15750-1189950128_thumb.jpg

post-15750-1189950309_thumb.jpg

post-15750-1189887191_thumb.jpg

Edited by nagn2

Perhaps Steve Stack was an independent publisher and/or homebrewer at the time? 8)

Hopefully this is not a fake.

EDIT: The case appears to be a grip case similar to Apollo carts and the label was handcut and glued

Edited by Gateway

I give it the benefit of the doubt.

nagn2,

Before everyone starts accusing you of everything, it would be a good thing to show us some screenshots of the game, or even better: a little movie of the game while playing it.

Also, to find out if it's a genuine cart from the old era, it has to be opened to show us the inner side of the cart.

After that, we can tell you if it's an original, a hack, a homebrew, or a hoax (and perhaps even give it a 'proper' price tag).

Anyway, I can assure you: this is the place to be to find out more about this game.

There's an awful lot of knowledge gathered on this forum.

Again: thanks for sharing!

It looks like an interesting find.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Ok, after quite some digging I found out that this toll free number isn't connected to Steve Stack, Inc. anymore.

Also the company doesn't exist under this name anymore.

In short: the information on this cart is outdated indeed (whitch matches with the 1983 copyright year).

If someone wants to make a hoax cart nowadays, where does he gets the idea from to put this outdated information on the label?

IMO it's very well possible that this cart was indeed (home)made in 1983.

Nagn2, by looking at your screenshots, I can say that this is not a hack of an already existing game.

It looks like an original indeed.

BTW: a hack is a game that's based on the code of an already existing, original game.

For example, Tom Boy

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=12339

is a hack of the original Pitfall!

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...6895&MENU=2

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Ok, after quite some digging I found out that this toll free number isn't connected to Steve Stack, Inc. anymore.

In short: the information on this cart is outdated indeed (whitch matches with the 1983 copyright year).

I didn't find any information on the web too.

It could be the real thing or (another) hoax by a talented homebrewer. ;)

Scrutinizing the cart and ROM will show the truth.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

If someone wants to make a hoax cart nowadays, where does he gets the idea from to put this outdated information on the label?

IMO it's very well possible that this cart was indeed (home)made in 1983.

Nagn2, by looking at your screenshots, I can say that this is not a hack of an already existing game.

It looks like an original indeed.

8)

I appreciate your help! Do home made cartridges have any value? I too wouldn't think it is fake as I only paid 50 cents for it. It would seem like a lot of trouble for that kind of money. Thanks for all the help.

Nagn2,

Showing the inner part of the cart can tell us more about its true age, but please be careful not to damage the cart if you decide to open it.

If it's really an original game from 1983 (homebrew or not), then you're a very lucky person.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I am in Ohio. If this is a home made cartridge, does it have any value?

I am no collector, but if you can prove this thing is real, I bet some will pay really hefty money for it.

You should go back where you found it and try to get some background information about the cart(s).

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

I am in Ohio. If this is a home made cartridge, does it have any value?
If it's really from the early eighties, then yes.

That's why showing the inner part is quite essential.

But please don't damage the label!

If you're feeling uncertain about opening the cart safely, then don't.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I'm afraid there's too little to see, nagn2.

Maybe a closer shot (with flash) could reveal more.

Could you tell me something more about the gameplay?

What are you suppose to do in the game?

Is it actually playable and does it feel 'finished'?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter