IGNORED

Barnstorming (2600 game) for A8?

Marius

Hi Folks,

Do you know if there is a barnstorming port, or look-a-like for Atari XL/XE?

It's this game:

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareID=846

I found this game on my Ninentro Gameboy Advance SP, on the Activision collection. Love it to play on the nintendo, and I think I should buy this game on ebay for my 2600 too. But since I'm an atari XL/XE user only, I would love to have this game on the a8.

By the way... Midnight Magic for 2600 is also much much much better pinball game than whatever pinball game ever released for the XL/XE. So if someone knows a perfect port of that Midnight Magic 2600 game for a8, I would be VERY happy to have it too :))))

Now I'm writing...

And the last game I really LOVE on 2600, which I would love to have on my XL:

Private Eye (could play that silly game for hours)

I know there are lot of people busy porting all kind of games to a8. But all those games are hard work, and will take lot of time to release... I could imagine it is easier to port an 2600 game to a8, because the a8 has a better performance as the 2600... (or am I hurting 2600 owners fealings now?)'

Thanks for any ideas!

Marius

There definitely is a Barnstorming clone on the A8, though I don't know if it's any good... It's called Barnstorm and was published by TK Computer Products on their White Bag Software label. It's really rare and I don't think any vendor still carries it.

I know a person who has this game as a copy but, for whatever reason, isn't really interested in sharing it with the community... If anyone has this program, you know what to do :)

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Edited by www.atarimania.com

By the way... Midnight Magic for 2600 is also much much much better pinball game than whatever pinball game ever released for the XL/XE. So if someone knows a perfect port of that Midnight Magic 2600 game for a8, I would be VERY happy to have it too :))))

I always liked David's Midnight Magic for the 8-bit. I had an old TAC2 joystick that I broke playing Track & Field that I converted so that the two buttons control the flippers (I didn't own paddles at that time.)

• 1 year later...
there are some nice Activision 2600 titles which aren't released or converted (yet):

- robot tank

- star master (yes...i know... SR is better but well...)

- chopper command

Considering the similarities of the A8 and VCS hardware, shouldn't it be possible to trite an emulator to cope with this problem?

Thorsten

Considering the similarities of the A8 and VCS hardware, shouldn't it be possible to trite an emulator to cope with this problem?

No. You can carry over some of the game logic since you're talking about 6502 assembly but other than that you have to port.