IGNORED

Wireless lynx prototype.

roland p

I actually have two sets of STM32 boards with LoRa tranceivers. Obviously this cannot keep up with sending a byte at a time. But it will buffer everything and send out complete messages whenever there is a gap in the transmission or the buffer becomes half full or full. I could test the Lynx connections and write the code with these before buying the real chips that contain the BT stuff.

The LoRa range is 10 km. But the bandwidth is low. This version would work best with turn based games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, karri said:

But it will buffer everything and send out complete messages whenever there is a gap in the transmission or the buffer becomes half full or full.

I think that this will not allow to connect commercial games, for the same reason they don't work on handy with comlynx emulation (there must be an interrupt based timing sync).

4ttude could work.

1 hour ago, Nop90 said:

I think that this will not allow to connect commercial games, for the same reason they don't work on handy with comlynx emulation (there must be an interrupt based timing sync).

4ttude could work.

I am not sure about this. As an feasibility study I could write a version with 2 UARTs run by DMA. My guess is that there is a few "1" bits between the messages that would generate an interrupt at the end of each transmission

If this causes too much lag then sending packets over radio won't work.

There is another chip being released on 2020 that supports OOK. That would work at the bit level.