IGNORED

Indus Ramcharger Help

JR>

• 2 years later...
What do you get on the screen when you boot the terminal disk?

This is what I get:

post-12582-1193423639_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the major necro-bump, but I finally got my SRAM Charger installed. I have been able to get two boot disks working, but the one from your site only has 6 files. Do you know of an image that has everything shown in the sreenshot on your website?

Also, anyone know where I can get a version of WordStar?

The sreenshot shows files available on the other Indus CP/M disk, available at http://www.retrobits...ri/indus.shtml. Just download the CP/M images from there, fix them with CPMTool and you are done. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a source of Wordstar and other commercial CP/M sw: http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/ (CP/M-80 is of our interest)

Full-screen applicatons (WordStar, Turbo Pascal,etc.) should be configured first for a proper terminal (choose ADM-31 or ADM-3A as described on my site). This will make screen refresh somewhat faster. If you have VBXE, use TT (Trub Terminal), because it provides comfortable terminal speed.

The sreenshot shows files available on the other Indus CP/M disk, available at http://www.retrobits...ri/indus.shtml. Just download the CP/M images from there, fix them with CPMTool and you are done. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a source of Wordstar and other commercial CP/M sw: http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/ (CP/M-80 is of our interest)

Full-screen applicatons (WordStar, Turbo Pascal,etc.) should be configured first for a proper terminal (choose ADM-31 or ADM-3A as described on my site). This will make screen refresh somewhat faster. If you have VBXE, use TT (Trub Terminal), because it provides comfortable terminal speed.

Thanks for the quick reply - I'll take a look this evening.

Well, I now have another problem. I tried two different versions of CP/M (Indus 2.2 rev 1.1 - indusscrutil, and Future CPM 2.2 rev 1.0 - indusrccpm1). When running ICDS from both versions, it will not read a directory on a double density DOS 2 formatted disk. It doesn't give an error, just doesn't show any files. When doing a "STAT A:" it shows 83kb free. Am I doing something wrong? I know the disks work because I can boot them to load the term80 program.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it going! Rather slow when copying from an Atari to a CP/M disk. I'll quickly document my problems here for anyone else trying this. I will try to get a nice detailed blog post with some videos up soon - my desk is in an embarrassingly messy state at the moment, there probably won't be a video tonight :)

• When using ICDS, you have to use numbers 1-4 for Atari DOS disks, and letters A-E for CP/M disks.
  • When using INIT to format the CP/M disk, you must run INIT from B:, and format the drive in A:. Do NOT run INIT from drive A:, then swap disks and format in A:
  • To copy an Atari DOS disk from physical drive #2 to a CP/M disk in physical drive #1 (the Indus), from ICDS, type C then 2:*.*,A:*.*

Thanks for your help trub.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

do you have an special software to check IF I has supercharger GT daughter card inside my Indus GT Drive ? I wish to know if I has 1 inside my Indus GT or not ??

dunno if anyone answered you in pm, but trub's tool that rewrites the boot sectors on the cp/m disks will also test for the ram board.

• Like 1

Please tell me which stickers that has extra CP/M Board. Here is the link : http://atariage.com/forums/topic/113824-indus-ramcharger-help/?do=findComment&comment=1376413

Click on the last picture with 4 stickers. What I need to know WHICH sticker that has CP/M board ? The very last sticker ? Or the Orange sticker ? Or FCC DOX sticker ?

Edited by Caterpiggle

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Beetle, Mike and me will try to build a ramcharger for that in February - March timeframe.

Best regards

Carsten

Well, it took a few days more, but now Carstens Indus GT is on my workbench again.

I built the SRAM charger with a PCB i got in 2008. The CPMTOOL.COM throws an

"Error 61" when testing the SRAM Charger.

On the website of the SRAM Charger only error 1-8 is explained.

Any hints?

On one picture of SRAM Charger i saw a bridge soldered to the Charger.

Is that jumper wire needed?

Greetings,

Stefan

post-8944-0-52092700-1484925164_thumb.jpg

Ok, i tried with and without that jumper wire now.

Without the wire, CPMTOOL throws the ERROR 61 right after choosing menu entry for RAMCHARGER test.

With the wire, after choosing the menu entry, the track counter starts counting upwards, then stops

and also throws "ERROR 61". Possibly the error is a DOS error from the OSS DOS and not from CPMTOOL?

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Greetings,

Stefan

Edited by Beetle

The 7-segment display has a minor problem, but i think its counting to FF, then returning to the track number is had before the test.

Check my reply:

with speed set to 0.25 .

You can also read ROM version and the DOS i found on the disk in the drive.