IGNORED

Actiplaque and Repo Labels

tyranthraxus

Hello, again everyone. I have a grand total of eleven of these things, progress will continue but I'm getting worried about copywrite infringement. Recently noting that just because you don't sell something you copy you can still get in legal trouble. So I will be conducting a small investigation into this situation. Until then I will continue to draw all 33 standard label variations for the Activision games. Hopefully no one will be in any trouble. This would be the explainantion for why I haven't passed these on for production to the headquarters of Atari7800.com. I'm waiting out of fear from the corporate HQ.

None of my Activision carts have even one spot of actiplaque on them(ones originally bought by me when they were originally released). I think temperature changes causes the problem. My carts were not sealed and they were played and handled frequently dating back to 1981. Even some of the boxed Activision carts that I've recently aquired have pristine labels. However, I have purchased a few loose carts recently with poor labels. Those of you who have purchased sealed games still have no idea what they have been exposed to over the years. I have enjoyed reading this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Wowzers!, I haven't been posting in a while. I have nearly completed theentire standard line of Activision labels, I have roughly 11 more to go and the whole thing is finished. I still need to discuss whether or not this is truely legal to sell or even reproduce these things, especially since activision is still around, I don't want to make them made. But I will be posting the entire standard label line within a couple of weeks sporting all the wonderful designs. They look really cool all lined up and pretty soon I will have larger versions on my website. But thats another story. I haven't finished that either. Anyway, just an update.

Holy sweet mother of ...., I have finished yes finished all 33 activision labels. I have painstakenly redrawn all of them. I know in about four days someone will post in here that they found all the original art, and that will totally suck because I have driven myself insane to get these things drawn and out of my mind forever. Well, not forever. But hey its an accomplishment I'm proud to say I managed. I will be posting a mini poster of all the labels, hopefully tomorrow to show everything off. I'm still in the works of possibly getting permission to sell or give these out for free, maybe as prizes. If that is the case and noone will be getting sued I would very much like to get back in touch with Atari 7800.com about geting these printed up, (Sorry for the lack of communication guys) Hey by the way if anyone talks to Albert tell him he should email me (HINT HINT) Anyone there?

Here is the final product. I hope everyone likes this. I can only hope to soon produce these baddies on good high gloss sticky paper so everyone has the chance to get them. Follow the link to see all the labels on a one sheet. I though it would be nice also to have a poster of this set to ship out as an additional bonus for those willing to purchase all the labels in a set.

How many people out there would like to have these labels anyway?

here's the link: http://clunkmusichall.com/actart/ActivisionGames.gif

Those are INCREDIBLE! Rock on, dude. Even though most of my Activision carts are in good shape, I'm thinking about getting a set just to have! Amazing!

Now, will you use your powers and spectacular skill to make OTHER labels as well (like say for that Dark Mage and Boing! I've got sitting around here all naked and such?) :) :) :) :) :)

• 4 weeks later...