IGNORED

Dual Drive for ATARI XL / XE

ndary

It's an XFD360 I have one and also Fox-1/MNX we have traveled to warschau years ago to get those. Only a few where made. These drive are XF clones with indus GT speed, but have a FAST and TURBO mode. The Fast mode is the same a INDUS GT and turbo is also INDUS GT only works with SpartaDOS X. There is a jumper for Fast/Turbo.

It's funny Nir to see a picture that you have taken at my house from my drive, did you forget that :lol:

• Like 1

It's an XFD360 I have one and also Fox-1/MNX we have traveled to warschau years ago to get those. Only a few where made. These drive are XF clones with indus GT speed, but have a FAST and TURBO mode. The Fast mode is the same a INDUS GT and turbo is also INDUS GT only works with SpartaDOS X. There is a jumper for Fast/Turbo.

It's funny Nir to see a picture that you have taken at my house from my drive, did you forget that :lol:

dump the ROM!

I have been wanting a ROM that supports dual 5.25" mechs for the XF551 for a long time..

PLEASE dump the ROM. Ill pay you!

I see the same picture here, described as the XFD602: http://atariki.krap.pl/index.php/XFD601

???

Edited by hunmanik

Yep it's the XFD602 my fault :-) but it's not completly compatible with the XF.

The XF551 uses the 8030/8040 processor, when I am correct this drive uses the 8051 an newer one.

Another feature when I remember correctly was some kind of speed control, did run at 288 instead of 300 like the XF...

To bad this stuff is packed in boxes at the moment...

Hello Rene

The XF551 uses the 8030/8040 processor,...

It uses the 8040 or 8050. I'm under the impression that the side of the Atlantic you live on determines which on of the two is in your XF551.

BTW is this stuff still packed or did you repack everything again?

Greetings

Mathy

• 7 years later...

The XF551 uses the 8030/8040 processor, when I am correct this drive uses the 8051 an newer one.

Another feature when I remember correctly was some kind of speed control, did run at 288 instead of 300 like the XF...

The schematic says an 8050, same as XF551. Schematic also says an extra ram chip 6116. assuming schematic is correct.

James

• 5 months later...

The schematics I have for the XFD601A show slightly different chips and a RAM expansion chip. Using a 8050 CPU and a WD1770 FDC. So there are a few differences. I'm trying to map out what is actually different and what was just done a different way from the XF551.