IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders/Coke Wins Auctions in the Past Year or So..

DreamTR

I'm trying to recall what happened with these. I remember seeing a boxed one ( I thought) end at under 2K with Wonder winning it, and I also thought I saw Shawn from PA bid on one with the same pic that was a scam. I think I saw some loose ones hit $1500. Anyone have the values of loose and boxed ones lately so I can be aware?

I'm trying to recall what happened with these. I remember seeing a boxed one ( I thought) end at under 2K with Wonder winning it, and I also thought I saw Shawn from PA bid on one with the same pic that was a scam. I think I saw some loose ones hit $1500. Anyone have the values of loose and boxed ones lately so I can be aware?

The boxed Pepsi Invaders that was sold was for exactly $2000 or a tad bit more than that. One reason it did not go for higher is because the condition of the box was not that good. Decypher won this one. The last boxed one that poped up was from a guy who bought it from a kid whose dad was an employee of Coca-Cola. It was in pretty good condition, but he wanted $5,000 for it. I am not too sure if he sold it or not. As a side note I probably will selli my own Pepsi Invaders cart if my financial aid does not go through for college. Also, remember this there have been only 19 that have shown up. This is an extremly rare game that will sometimes go a period of a year before being sold. So trying to get a handle on the current value of one of these is extremly hard.

The condition of my box really isnt that bad. Infact I would call it a 7/10. It is in better condition than alot of boxes in my collection.

Jim

There must have been another then. He is talking about one that sold not too long ago on eBay in a trashed box. It was one of those cases where you almost don't even count the box when you place your bid. It sold in the 2k range I believe.

Adam

Just spoke with Mike and he said he'd go 3k on the coke wins if it sells this week and would consider taking payments. I spent all my money for this year and the next ten years on artwork so I am broke. You just NEVER see the box. Call him at his store if you are interested.

His store phone is 216-741-7005

Atari%202600%20Pepsi%20Invaders%20Coke%20Wins.JPG

Atari%202600%20Pepsi%20Invaders%20Coke%20Wins%20(7).JPG

Edited by Buyatari

Just spoke with Mike and he said he'd go 3k on the coke wins if it sells this week and would consider taking payments. I spent all my money for this year and the next ten years on artwork so I am broke. You just NEVER see the box. Call him at his store if you are interested.

His store phone is 216-741-7005

Atari%202600%20Pepsi%20Invaders%20Coke%20Wins.JPG

Atari%202600%20Pepsi%20Invaders%20Coke%20Wins%20(7).JPG

Well if I actually had any money or even any future money, I would be on this like white on rice.

That box is in better condition than what mine is. I think I won mine because for one Wonder wanted a MINT box which mine is not. 2nd I think alot of people thought it might have been a scam since he had some questionable auctions a few weeks before. Overall I am happy with it. That was the box that started me on collection CIB.

I am not so sure.....if a Pepsi cart is going for around $1000 right now, the box is not worth $4000 (considering a $5000 price tag) and I have seen better Coke Wins boxes than the one offered. I have paid lower for boxes that are a lot rarer and better shape than the Coke box in question. For a mint Coke box with cart, I'd say $3500-$4000 would be a fair price (depending on need and season). Just my two cents. ;)

Thanks Adam for the info! FYI, you all can stop calling and e-mailing Mike about this game. :P Rick
did the game sell?
Yup! :) Rick
Congrats......I am still holding out for a mint one. Great score Rick. :)

thanks! you crazy MINT collectors! :D

good luck with your search!

BTW you have a PM!

Rick

I am not so sure.....if a Pepsi cart is going for around $1000 right now, the box is not worth $4000 (considering a $5000 price tag) and I have seen better Coke Wins boxes than the one offered. I have paid lower for boxes that are a lot rarer and better shape than the Coke box in question. For a mint Coke box with cart, I'd say $3500-$4000 would be a fair price (depending on need and season). Just my two cents. ;)

I think a loose cart is closer to 1500 and how many boxes are known? When a loose cart sells for 1500 what do the complete copies get? Only one I can think of is Video Life and thats 5k

There aren't many rarer boxes out there. The rarity section lists Video Life with 9 known boxes and this one with 5.

I think a loose cart is closer to 1500 and how many boxes are known? When a loose cart sells for 1500 what do the complete copies get? Only one I can think of is Video Life and thats 5k

There aren't many rarer boxes out there. The rarity section lists Video Life with 9 known boxes and this one with 5.

I agree with Wonder007. Minty CIB would get $3,500-$4,000. Homerwannabee is selling his for $1,100 loose and that's in line with recent sales. The $1,500 prices paid were a couple of years back when one hadn't been sold for ages. If a Video Life was offered today, I doubt it would get $5k, but it would be close. So $3.5k to $4k for a minty Pepsi Invaders CIB is about right. The price Rick got this one is about right I would say.

Rarity and price is an interesting combination. How many complete minty Tooth Protectors or Condor Attacks are known to exist? Probably not more than 9, yet these titles get around the $2k or under. How many Puzzy games CIB are known to exist? Around 5? And these titles command a whopping $500. So you can never base price on rarity (supply) only. Demand and supply dictate price.

Also remember that Video Life is a unique title....Coke Wins is a hack. Besides, I think there are more like 10 or more Coke Wins boxes. Lastly, Video Life probably still commands the 5k (or close to it) but what adds value to Video Life over the Coke Wins is that the Video Life also came with instructions and is more colorful. Coke Wins is just a white box with a small stamp. Think of it this way, will a blank painting with just Picasso's signature command the same amount money as a complete Picasso portrait with his signature as well.....I don't think so. Again, just my two cents. :)