IGNORED

Did Emo kids hurt classic gaming?

homerwannabee

After looking it up I still don't know what an emo kid is exactly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(slang)

From what I can tell, it's a goth kid without the makeup and black clothing who has a stupid haircut that covers one eye. I thought people wanted to get away from labels, but kids still unquestioningly sign up for the next style and so do a lot of adults. Then 10 years later they can't stand to look at pictures of themselves, but still sign up for the next style as if they learned nothing.

If people start to hate classic gaming because of emo kids, they're stupid. Who cares what fashion zombies like or dislike? If lame-ass goth kids, for example, decide their favorite thing is a BJ, I'm not going to stop liking BJs.

Thankfully, the link between Emo and classic gaming was vague enough that the two were never that closely associated.

I think everyone could see through the Atari hoodie, into the empty Emo soul, and realize it was nothing more than a fashion statement for them.

BTW here is a emo example. They look like homosexual versions of Shaggy.

emo.JPG

From what I can tell, it's a goth kid without the makeup and black clothing who has a stupid haircut that covers one eye.

That was me last year,

no shame either, we all go through phazes.

ive come to relize my issues with my emotions.

to be honest it wasn't a stupid haircut!

i still wear it like that

Except i wear polo shirts and more preppy wear

So im a my own style again.

i like tighter jeans instead of baggy more comfy somehow...

dont ask

I did it because

I thought i looked good, and it does suit me, Labels are retarded ok?

you have no idea how just because i make a personal decision im insulted and rejected

for it why can't people accept peopel for who they are and go on with life,

Ive loved atari before everything, so :)

i didn't just like it for the phaze

Im a true atari person :)

"Apart from a few NES pads becoming belt buckles, I think gaming will survive the Emo onslaught."

I just wanted to repost this because it's been making me laugh all day.

Well done, well done.

And if you're a lame-o old guy like me who just thought that was TOTALLY a joke, well:

http://www.nesbuckle.com/sellyours.php

No kidding. Kids these days...

to be honest it wasn't a stupid haircut!

i still wear it like that

Nope, you have that one wrong. If you have two good eyes, covering one eye with your hair is stupid. Humans who have two properly working eyes have a thing called binocular vision. That depth perception can keep you alive and well. Peripheral vision can also keep you out of danger. If you block one side of your face, you can't see movement coming your way from that direction such as an opening door, a ball, or a fist.

When your fashion taste overrides safety, comfort, and common sense, that's a good sign that something is wrong. Reminds me of people who wear clothing that is full of holes. The whole point of clothing, besides keeping people from making fun of the pimples on your butt or the size of your weenie, is to protect the vulnerable nude human body from the weather and the environment. If your pants have 'oh so cool' holes in the knees and you fall down on the asphalt, your knees are going to get torn up way more than they would have if there were no holes in your pants.

Form follows function.

--Louis Henri Sullivan

Every generation laughs at the old fashions but religiously follows the new.

--Henry David Thoreau

"You must be in fashion," is the utterance of weak-headed mortals.

--Charles Haddon Spurgeon

A. Form follows function.

--Louis Henri Sullivan

B. Every generation laughs at the old fashions but religiously follows the new.

--Henry David Thoreau

C. "You must be in fashion," is the utterance of weak-headed mortals.

--Charles Haddon Spurgeon

The correct answer is "C" :grin:

And if you're a lame-o old guy like me who just thought that was TOTALLY a joke, well:

http://www.nesbuckle.com/sellyours.php

No kidding. Kids these days...

Think about all the NES pads that have been wasted because of emos. Kill an Emo, Save a NES!

I never understood the emo crowd. I would rather have my junk free and loose but I guess if they haven't dropped yet you don't need to much room.