IGNORED

OMG! just found Mangia NTSC

juanmiglesias

OMG i just found an NTSC Mangia from spectravideo in almost mint condition!!.. only cart BTW... the sticker is brand new.. no scratchs or unglued corners... and the rest of the cart is intact.

here are some pics... they are taken with a nokia N73.. it was difficult to show the condition of the cart and the sticker been reflective added some challenge too.. im going to try later to take a good picture with a real camera.

mangia1.jpg

mangia2.jpg

im posting because sadly ill sell part of my collection, im having economic issues so i might sell some jewels i have found.. like an ntsc condor attack and BOMB assault nstc with back sticker. so any help about pricing of this cart would be welcome!. i need to get most of them... and really want the people that buy it to take good care of it. :)

thanks

CONDOR ATTACK & BOMB ASSAULT

OMG i just found an NTSC Mangia from spectravideo in almost mint condition!!.. only cart BTW... the sticker is brand new.. no scratchs or unglued corners... and the rest of the cart is intact.

here are some pics... they are taken with a nokia N73.. it was difficult to show the condition of the cart and the sticker been reflective added some challenge too.. im going to try later to take a good picture with a real camera.

Looks nice!

A better top view picture/scan would be great.

You better post some screenshots of the game in play too, because pictures of the cart alone don't proof anything about the format of the game.

8)

Looks nice!

A better top view picture/scan would be great.

You better post some screenshots of the game in play too, because pictures of the cart alone don't proof anything about the format of the game.

8)

when i get home ill take some pics of the game playing.. if the game booted on my NTSC machine fine its NTSC right?... also ill use my camera to take nicer pics.

thanks. :)

if the game booted on my NTSC machine fine its NTSC right?
No. Any VCS/2600 console will "boot" any cartridge (other than a few rare incompatibilities which have nothing to do with regional differences). Major problems arise when the TV and console are of different regions (no reception, no sound, or no color). A different problem may arise when the TV and cartridge are of different regions (inability of some TVs to sync different framerate; older TVs with vertical hold control can usually be adjusted to compensate). Finally, if the console and cartridge are of different regions, some displayed colors will be incorrect.

How is it pronounced, also how do you pronounce Malagai ???
For most Americans, IMO approximately:

Mangia' = MONJ-yuh

Malagai = MAL-uh-guy

Edited by A.J. Franzman

What IS a Malagai, anyway? Is it just some weird, made-up name like Galaga, or does it have an actual meaning?

It's a Hungarian word, but I have no idea what it means (and I don't think the game designers did either).

What city are you from? If you don't want to state it publicly please PM me. :)

Yeah, I'd be interested to know where you found this as well.

It's hard to tell from that television picture, but if I had to guess, based on what the colors kinda look like, it's NTSC.

In PAL the curtains and picture are blueish, where as NTSC they are purpleish. And the screen shot seems like it's purple.

It's hard to tell from that television picture, but if I had to guess, based on what the colors kinda look like, it's NTSC.

In PAL the curtains and picture are blueish, where as NTSC they are purpleish. And the screen shot seems like it's purple.

We need a better picture to get the answer. If it is NTSC, wow, one has not shown up in years.

How much are people willing to pay for mangina anyway?

I would say it's one of those "name your price" games. Many people need it, you could recycle a PAL box and have a complete one since the only difference is an N sticker. I think more people own Atlantis 2 then this one :ponder:

*waits for homerwannabee to step in....*

How much are people willing to pay for mangina anyway?

I would say it's one of those "name your price" games. Many people need it, you could recycle a PAL box and have a complete one since the only difference is an N sticker. I think more people own Atlantis 2 then this one :ponder:

*waits for homerwannabee to step in....*

Stepping in. For some reason. The fact that this was found in Venezuela leads me to believe that there are a lot more of these in this country for some reason. ;)

Honestly though, I am starting to get sick of the fact that all these rare games are coming from this country. Even if this guy did not find these in a warehouse. Lets be honest, what are the odds that in America that any one of us would come across a Condor Attack or a Bomb Cart or let alone a Mangia cart in our lifetimes :ponder: But for some reason this guy is able to come across all 3 in a short time period. So even if this is not a warehouse find it tells me that Bomb carts, Condor Attack carts, and Mangia carts are all a lot more common in Venezuela than they are here. Also interesting Crazy Climber how you said that he could recycle a PAL box and it would be complete. Hmm, I think I could do the same thing with an regular Atlantis box. ;)

hello mi name is juan, i live in venezuela and came across some copies of motorodeo and ikari warriors. to clarify things about rarity i made a search in the warehouse where i find it.

it seems like the only big shippment of these two games went to veenzuela, about 120 of each (by the time they had about 50), in fact i saw the big brown box with the little boxes inside, i run and bought about 7 game copies of each,... wait for a month and go again to pick some more.. they were out of stock :sad: :sad: .. they also have some river raid, mouse trat, secret quest, zenophebe.. of course they have about 500 of them.. also a huge lot of turbo grafx machines and games, none of them rare by the way ;) , just games like vigilante, final lap twins, alien crush..

so i confirm that there is about 120 motorodeos and ikari warrios around for sale. i got myself 7 of each.. im selling them on ebay... i tried to find more but havent find any other on the warehouse :sad: :sad: .... i found some copies selling in venezuela but they were out of stock too.. probably they bought them on the ware house..

i dont know what rare number they must get for about 120 copies plus another 200+ ( or less worldwide).. dont really know if there is another country that receive a lot..

this is a little research i did here in venezuela about it.. hope it can help in anyway. :)

i have seen this game for about 400$.. only motorodeo... too much if you ask.. in fact i sold one motorodeo and one ikari for 150$ both shipping included.EMS. and one of the guys from venezuela contact me and said--- please stop selling this games at that price.. are you stupid.. you can sell one them for +400$, stop now &%/$... so please dont spend that kind of money in one game.. . there are more around.. just wait.. in fact im still selling some of these.. dont want to rip off nobody as i consider myself a video game collector and dont like to see this kind of things.. like earthbound for snes.. i want one :sad: .. is too high the price these days... LoL

Ok, as you can see from this guys first post. This is a warehouse find. In my opinion you can kiss the rareness of Condor Attacks, Bomb Carts, and Mangia goodbye.

:ponder: hi i just played the game, NTSC console old ntsc TV.

these are my results tomorrow ill upload better pics with a good camera...

please help me to find out if its NTSC or PAL..

thanks.

BTW i live in caracas Venezuela.

I think it's NTSC.

This is what you get with different combination of consoles and games:

mangiati3.jpg

mangiati3.4cafb0d7e9.jpg

Note that the TV must be the same format of the console or you only get B&W image. Moreover using PAL games on NTSC consoles+TV usually cause the screen rolling, while the opposite (NTSC games with PAL consoles and TVs) works fine most of the times.

i found the 3 of them from collectors.... the condor attack and BOMB Assault were found from one guy and mangia from other... i have visited all the atari warehouse around caracas... i also sell motorodeo and ikari.. and had never saw one of these games.. if they were in warehouse i will find them boxed and unopened... i was very common for people around here to travel to miami yearly.. and back in the days we ordered a lot from US catalogs, even clothes.. i know it sounds a lot like a third world country, but it was true... another factor was that atari had a lot of influence in those days in venezuela.. here its really rare to find intellivision, coleco, or vectrex.. we were supplied only with atari games and consoles.. most of the time 2600... even when nintendo was very well intruduced here.. you could go to any electronic store and buy atari games... but really i never saw any of these games before.. the people that i came across didnt knew what they had. :ponder: and problably ordered from catalog here in venezuela or in the states.. as i know at least the guy of condor and bomb have a house in pompano FL.

im been really honest here.. i even post one day my findings about rareness of ikari and motorodeo... about 120 of each is what i saw... last time i checked about 30 of each... the rest of games were... river raid.. realsport baseball.. defender...asteroids... and some others not so rare.. and a LOT of CC(something like that) clones.. some brand new 5200 and 800XL.. accesories like trackball.. also star raiders.. all of them brand new... people around this forums from venezuela will agree about that..

in fact if i wanted to make some money of this..in the ase of finding a lot of these games.. i would post like selling my holy grail in ebay... two three times... and after come here and ask.. or keep it doing... also i know about 3 more people that sell atari games here and they havent came across with one of these.. the only copy of condor attack i saw and also had is a bad made clone LoL...

and for the image comparision from alex_79 i can say its NTSC... :D .. i cant belive it either.. in fact i did a research about 5days before posting.. but wanted to be sure with the experts ;) as i though it was pal just because i find it. LoL

Edited by juanmiglesias

Ok, as you can see from this guys first post. This is a warehouse find. In my opinion you can kiss the rareness of Condor Attacks, Bomb Carts, and Mangia goodbye.

You're WAY overreacting...I'll believe that when I see it. As juan just clarified, the Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo were a NOS warehouse find...the Mangia' came from a collector (why do you think it's loose as opposed to boxed?).