IGNORED

PS1 Thrill Kill? Prototype?

Roadkill

The answer to the mystery is right there under our noses! Actually, Ken is right.

This is legit - It's a copy of Thrill Kill used to demonstrate the engine to Activision for use in the Wu Tang Clan game. This and other copies were circulated at Activision to help make the decision to go with the developer.

I was working on a project for Activision at the time and our Producer told us about Thrill Kill and raved about the game. A little while earlier, I was working for NextGen magazine and got a copy of Thrill Kill with a Press Kit and an embroidered hat (Still have 'em!) for the game. When I heard Activision was looking at it, I was pretty glad to see the game was potentially finding a home. Then I found out that Activision was going to use the fighting engine for Wu Tang. Oh well, good for the dev. At one point, this engine was also being considered for a Kill Bill game.

Very interesting info, particularly the bit about using the engine for a Kill Bill game. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it!

• 5 months later...

I wonder if it had been released would it have been pulled like Night Trap was, but Mortal Kombat was allowed to stay on shelves. Which one would it have been? Of course by the time it was to be released, we had the rating system in place and focus groups watching gaming more than ever so I know for sure it would have been more than a little controversial.

Is anyone else reminded of the movie Saw by that one area in the game fashioned after a bathroom?

• 2 weeks later...