Philsan

Turbo Basic XL versions?

I think the interpreter might be AUTORUN.SYS, so perhaps go ahead and rename it TB.COM or similar. Test with X AUTORUN.SYS first and see what happens.

I asked about extended RAM only because without it, the SDX SIDE driver will cause MEMLO problems.

TBXL 1.5 is the version I used back in the 90s with SDX.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2007 at 5:09 PM, dwhyte said:

I've included the TurboBasic 2.0 & 2.1 in the attached file. Not sure of the actual differences between 1.5 and 2.0... 2.1 is a Turbo2000 version with a little minidos in it... Other than that they're basically the same as 1.5...

Turbo_Basic_XL_2.0.atr.zip 59.61 kB · 482 downloads

version 2.0 leaves just over 34K fre(0) where version 2.1 leaves under 31.5K fre(0) big diff still trying to figure out what the difference is ;) 

dwhyte tells you in the post you just quoted what takes up the extra space in v.2.1 over v.2.0: apparently a built-in mini DOS.

Edited by flashjazzcat
Typo
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

dwhyte tells you in the post you just quoted what takes up the extra space in v.2.1 over v.2.0: apparently a built-in mini DOS.

Thanks for that info - mini dos seems hardly worth nearly 3K of program space in my way of thinking.

I think I figured out another part of the puzzle.  From the above Turbo_Basic_XL_2.0.atr.zip  package if you get into Turbo 21 and exit to dos you can Quit back into Turbo 21 and your source code is still in memory untouched.  If you Dos out of Turbo 2.0 the code in the interpreter gets flushed when 2.0 loads lacking the Quit back to Basic option.

Edited by Ray Gillman