IGNORED

Just bought a "Console TV" system. wtf?

S1500

This system was eyeballing me from day 1. for 8 bucks, I thought: what the hell?

post-12390-1191189539_thumb.jpg

It looks so incredibly cheesy and kid-friendly, I had to buy it. Looking from the box, it's yet another one of the millions of NES clones.

post-12390-1191189597_thumb.jpg

After a little bit of searching, I found 2 variations of it on the Ultimate Console Database. Both are mentioned being available in foreign countries. The kicker to me is that it actually has a cartridge slot! Perhaps I should have bought a cheap NES game to go with it. Oh well. Didn't think it would accept ANY cartridges for being 8 bucks.

Sadly, this thing runs on batteries. So perhaps it's time for a hack with my friend to get it to run off a power supply. I opened the box, and the dang thing has been shrinkwrapped. I doubt with this toy it has been re-shrinkwrapped.

The controller ports are Atari-style 9-pin. I wonder if they are Sega Genesis compatible.

Yeah, the gun. You can tell this wasn't intended for the nanny-state American market since it's all black. This would fail the "point it at a cop" test(when you get bored with the games). I love the Engrish "21 difference games". Addendium: I just looked closely at the gun, and it says "Lethal Enforcers" on it. Nope, no product piracy there! Silly pirates.

I just found another Famiclone that had the same controllers(but diff colors) and the same gun, but with a banana clip on it. That one looked better having a keyboard(Mega Kid Educational Computer).

To me, it's fun tracing the DNA of these pirate consoles & games.

post-12390-1191189984_thumb.jpg

Wowee! A not-even-close-to-a-brag!

Edited by S1500

Looks intresting give us a report on the games and such when you get a chance. :)

I just unpacked it, and realized it takes four D cell(yes, D Cell) batteries. Who even uses those anymore except for vibrators? I noticed an unused port(covered with a tabbed plastic square) in back next to the a/v outs. I wonder if I can solder on a power connector, and use a universal power supply.

The controller seems flimsy, and clearly uses the same molds as pre-dualshock PS1 controllers, with an added tailbone in the center.

Wow the only thing i use "D" batteries with is my Super Pong unit,lol.Anyway still sounds pretty cool but with the controllers being so flimsy i bet they break or wear out fairly easy.

Hows the games? A bunch of NES pirate games? Milk and Nuts? Tekken(Karataka)?,Bird Week?,thoses seem the standard on such things like this unit.

Wow the only thing i use "D" batteries with is my Super Pong unit,lol.Anyway still sounds pretty cool but with the controllers being so flimsy i bet they break or wear out fairly easy.

Hows the games? A bunch of NES pirate games? Milk and Nuts? Tekken(Karataka)?,Bird Week?,thoses seem the standard on such things like this unit.

I don't have D cell batteries yet, so no verdict yet on the games.

What kind of cart slot is that? The Famicom slot (60pins) or the American slot (72pins). Would be interesting if you could plug in a Famicom game or use a converter to play 72pin games. Probably has a NOAC inside it much like a Yobo. Good deal for $8 imo.

I dunno off hand. I'll try to measure the cart port when I get home, as it would be easier than counting the pins across.

Verdict: It sucks.

It has a 60-pin port, which means I need to get an adaptor to an already flimsy-looking cartridge port setup. Anyone know a good place to get one? Oddly enough, the place I bought it from has replcement NES cart connectors for $20(but I digress).

It has 21 games, almost all of them with redone graphics to make them look unique. What gets me, is that some of the games are rather old to be knocked off.

One is "Ufo race". It's Pole position with all the cars changed to that UFO guy from Transformers(Cosmos).

"Panda" is Super Mario Brothers. Most of the sound is intact.

One is an Arkanoid clone with terrible hit detection, but it gives you 10 lives from the start.

The list goes on and on.

The game selection menu is the same as it is on my Dream Gear 75. This must be some off-the-shelf software function all game pirates use.

I have played some of thoses games you listed on a pirate NES machine i used to have called a "Dr.Boy" it looked like a old GameBoy but you could plug it into your TV and play all thoses pre-loaded NES hacks.

It was cool for a while but the thing just fell apart after a while and a lot of the games started to glitch out to.

Can you post pics of the games? ;)

I gotta find my RCA to earphone plug adaptor, then I can hook it up to my tv card, and make gameplay videos,etc. This could be a fun system to make an elaborate web page about.

Last night I got to around level 6 of their resident Sokoban clone.

• 3 months later...
Just got an NES adaptor for it. It works. I found out what the extra buttons on top do. Turbo & slo-mo buttons! Rock on.

On a side note, some attractive women sure like to shop at Toyriffic.

Toyriffic? Never heard of the place, is it here in MN?

It's in Maplewood, near Maplewood mall.

Just got an NES adaptor for it. It works. I found out what the extra buttons on top do. Turbo & slo-mo buttons! Rock on.

On a side note, some attractive women sure like to shop at Toyriffic.

Toyriffic? Never heard of the place, is it here in MN?

It's in Maplewood, near Maplewood mall.

Ah, I'll have to check it out one of these days. Thanks :)

• 1 year later...

Doh! I just tried to go watch and it says removed due to terms of use violation. Posted anywhere else? Can I download somewhere?

That was my old youtube account. Thankfully, I just found 3 videos that should cover all the "TV Games" games. Go here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/British1500

I'm uploading 'em now.

• 3 weeks later...