IGNORED

NES High Score Club 3rd Season Week #4 - Paperboy

vdub_bobby

From the (excessively?) abstract to the (excessively?) mundane! It's time for Paperboy!

Post a score and let's get this thing rolling!

Please post any tips you may have - best tip gets 1 bonus point! Only scores for games played from the beginning will count! No continues!

And if anyone has a link to the manual, please post it.

This week's competition ends next Tuesday (October 9) morning at approximately 8:00 am PST.

This week's scores:

74,100 theKLT (+10 pts)

39,700 PressureCooker2600 (+8 pts +1 pt for best tips)

30,500 gdement (+6 pts)

12,850 Blackjack (+4 pts)

5,300 Artlover (+2 pts)

2,250 LarcenTyler (+1 pt)

Twin Galaxies High Scores

99,100 Nik Meeks

53,950 Gary A Hatt

41,850 Mr. Kelly R Flewin

Overall standings:

1. vdub_bobby (20 pts)

2. rjchamp3 (18 pts)

3. LarcenTyler (13 pts)

4. PressureCooker2600 (12 pts)

5. Artlover (11 pts)

6. gdement (9 pts)

7. Blackjack (2 pts)

Game Info

Coin-op originally released by Atari in 1984; ported to the NES by Tengen and released in 1988.

Other platforms: Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Gear, Genesis, J2ME, Lynx, Sega Master System, Xbox 360, ZX Spectrum

Related games/sequels: Paperboy 2 ( Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, DOS, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, NES, SNES, ZX Spectrum - 1991), Paperboy (N64 - 1999. Same name, different game.)

Tips

PressureCooker2600:

Defile as many gravestones and destroy as much non-customer property as possible. Major pointage.

Try to conserve papers. I know, I'm guilty of throwing too many, too. If you throw too many, you might be empty when you pass a customers house.

Stay on the sidewalk as much as possible.....steer clear of the road. Those cars are bitch to dodge and when tornados appear, you're pretty much screwed.

Always complete the obstacle course. You'll score major points if you finish. No fancy stuff needed.....just be careful and remember, those tires restore your paper count if you hit one.

And:

Try and move towards the houses.....[the tornado] never goes that far. Stay as close to the houses as possible and it will eventually go back.
Edited by vdub_bobby

I've always hated Paperboy. Every version on every platform.

Told you we shoulda played Bad Dudes. :cool:

Some tips:

Defile as many gravestones and destroy as much non-customer property as possible. Major pointage.

Try to conserve papers. I know, I'm guilty of throwing too many, too. If you throw too many, you might be empty when you pass a customers house.

Stay on the sidewalk as much as possible.....steer clear of the road. Those cars are bitch to dodge and when tornados appear, you're pretty much screwed.

Always complete the obstacle course. You'll score major points if you finish. No fancy stuff needed.....just be careful and remember, those tires restore your paper count if you hit one.

My first score: 16000

post-11023-1191372937_thumb.jpg

I LOVE paperboy.... although I have to admit this version of it is a little weak. It's not bad on Genesis, but in the arcade with the handlebar controller is the only real way to play. I've always wanted a control panel made like the original so I could play it in Mame.

HOW DO YOU GET AWAY FROM THE TORNADO???

post-5519-1191377765_thumb.png

Edited by Blackjack