IGNORED

eBay deal or low IQ?

tjlazah

I bet this person thinks they are getting one heck of a steal on a Falcon030!!!!

I guess there is the slim chance the bidder really wants these parts and knows it is not a complete unit but it just amazes me how some people don't take the time to read auctions...

What do you all think? lol

-edit- For some reason the link feature is not working, maybe the ebay URL is too long?

ebay item #220154398689

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdethquack

Edited by tjlazah

Well, the auction does clearly state "case & keyboard".

Well the winner must be beside himself! He figures he got a nice Falcon030 computer AND an extra case and keyboard!? Why else spend $148? Simply AMAZING...

I have no sympathy for people who assume and buy stuff without fully reading, questioning, understanding what they are buying. One can ask the buyer questions if one is unsure of anything and not bid if they don't answer or give unreasonable answers. No one is oblogated to blindly buy anything.

Can't say I've ever been taken advantage of, as I always make sure I know what I'm spending my money on, and don't spend it if I'm not sure. Don't matter if it's $1 or $10,000. {Ok, I take that back, once I spent 30 cents on a Crunchy bar from Zayers that had worms in it. Wasn't worth it to go back and get a refund.}

Caveat emptor.

I think this is very deceiving. :x

The "case and keyboard" could be understood as meaning the computer too. After all, the computer is inside the case and keyboard.

This person does NOT give a clear description of what is included. The half-assed description deceives people into thinking it's a complete computer. Look at the 2nd picture. Someone can easily think the back of the keyboard unit is the computer. The photo cannot be enlarged so one can't closely examine it. Not everyone knows what the inside of a Falcon looks like. To me, it's clear this person is trying to deceive people by not taking good photos and playing word games to extort someone doesn't know the inside of an ST/Falcon.

What this person should have done is taken a photo of all the parts separately. Shielding and case should NOT be put together and the keyboard should NOT be flipped around. Then clearly state in the description "This auction is for the keyboard and case/shielding ONLY" (emphasize ONLY). Not some half-assed "you get what you see" bullsh**.

I would neg this guy taking advantage of ST/Falcon newbies who don't know what the inside of a Falcon looks like. Not everyone cares about ripping their computer apart.

P.S. I am not affiliated in anyway with this auction. :|

The description was lacking IMO. If it was my auction I would've stated the mother board was not included or parts only not a working computer. The way the keyboard was flipped over in the picture makes it appear its the mother board. Though if it were a complete computer I wouldn't expect to see it disassembled like that.

Just by the description you might assume the keyboard and the case have never been replaced and thus are the originals. Caveat emptor as always.

The description was lacking IMO. If it was my auction I would've stated the mother board was not included or parts only not a working computer. The way the keyboard was flipped over in the picture makes it appear its the mother board. Though if it were a complete computer I wouldn't expect to see it disassembled like that.

Just by the description you might assume the keyboard and the case have never been replaced and thus are the originals. Caveat emptor as always.

Well I would check the sellers feedback soon, expect a nice fat negative!! Hahaha. Some people, my god. Trying to save a few dollars and then get bitten in the arse. Serves them well. Lets face it people. Falcon's are expensive. If you want one expect to pay out the arse, don't try and nickel and dime your way on ebay for a deal. Another non working one went for over $200. I don't get it.

I sucked it up and paid over $700 for a new in box one, and a few years before that $325 for a used one that was mint. I paid my dues!! Hahahah Apparently it was a great investment.