IGNORED

Atari in Everybody Hates Chris...

yuppicide

I was at Blockbuster the other day and rented two new movies. Well, since I have some sort of membership thing there I get a free oldies rental everytime I rent a new one. I decided to get Season 1 Discs 1 and 2 of the TV show "Everybody Hates Chris".

Has anyone ever seen it? I've only seen it once maybe twice, but found it funny. Anyway, I'm reading the episode list off the back and one of them mentions Atari.

It's on Disc Two of Season One. The episode is "Everybody Hates Greg". Here's the description:

"Tired of constantly being blamed for Tonya's mischief, Chris decides to hang out and play Atari at Greg's house after school without their parents' permission. But when Greg's dad comes home, Chris ends up hiding in the closet to avoid getting busted. Meanwhile, Tonya must find innovative ways to stay out of trouble when she no longer has Chris at home to blame. (Airdate 11/24/05)".

I was going to watch the episodes in order, but I think I'm going to watch this one first. Wonder which Atari it is..

This might be a good time to bring up how crappy I think the search is here. I did try searching. Maybe it's me?! I can't seem to ever find anything I'm looking for.

I had read a post the other day about Coleco 20 in 1 game. I came home and found the unit selling for $5.99 when in stores it's a lot more. I couldn't find the post again. I was sure I knew where it was, but it wasn't so I searched.

I made that observation a couple of years ago....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...ody+hates+chris

Nobody responded......I guess everybody does hate Chris. ;)

I didn't see your thread back then. I also posted about it here.

There is also a scene in Roll Bounce where they play Asteroids on the 2600. I wrote about it in my blog. The movie was set in 1978. Is there a problem with that :roll:

.. and it only took 3 theads to get a response. I guess nobody likes this TV show. I generally don't find any

CBS shows funny except Everybody Loves Raymond.

Yeah, it's definitely how you use the search engine but I tried advanced and couldn't find what I've needed before either.

I remember (vaguely) the episode where he plays Asteroids -competetively- at the convenience store against his mother's wishes.

Everybody Hates Chris is actually a pretty good show, on a number of levels, but it's on at a weird time here and I never think to watch it...that, and I've simply got other things to do.

I remember (vaguely) the episode where he plays Asteroids -competetively- at the convenience store against his mother's wishes.

Everybody Hates Chris is actually a pretty good show, on a number of levels, but it's on at a weird time here and I never think to watch it...that, and I've simply got other things to do.

Good show the time or two I've seen it. Thanks for the mention. Atari and Bob Wills is King!! (Well here in Texas that is.) ;)

• 1 year later...
I know this thread is old but I'm a huge fan of Everybody Hates Chris and just saw this episode tonight. Good stuff!

I've never seen the show, but this looks as good a place as any - I saw an old 2600 in Wall-e. It was tucked away in the 80's treasures section. It was only briefly in the background, but clearly an Atari.

.. and it only took 3 theads to get a response. I guess nobody likes this TV show. I generally don't find any

CBS shows funny except Everybody Loves Raymond.

Yeah, it's definitely how you use the search engine but I tried advanced and couldn't find what I've needed before either.

That's a funny ass show, I used to watch it every time I could.