IGNORED

ColecoVision Repro BOX or CIB **UPDATE MARCH 2008**

retroillucid

I believe the animated logo at the top is meant to be just like the Dig Dug proto. I think it would be nice to have a consistent logo between Dig Dug and Moon Patrol, but that's just my opinion...

I played around with this a bit. I used the Moon Patrol idea from Daniel, the enemies from Jess, replaced SELMA with ATARISOFT, and changed the title font a bit.

This zip has 4 variations:

* A combination of Daniel's and Jess' hacks with tweaked title font

* Atarisoft with straight Moon Patrol text

* Atarisoft with tilted Moon Patrol text

* Atarisoft with tilted Moon Patrol text in Cyan - not pictured (I was wanting to change the background to black, but haven't found it yet)

This is the first time I've tried any hacking with a Coleco rom, so it's been interesting. I do everything with a hex editor which is a pain, but I'm sure there are easier ways. I'm not yet sure how all colors are handled. It seems pretty simple for sprites, but I've not been able to locate the gray background yet. I'd like to see the gray background changed to black and the status display changed to blue like the arcade.

I thought about changing the round hills to be a bit more pointed, but I don't really mind them the way they are.

post-9364-0-22172800-1374481041_thumb.png post-9364-0-54215200-1374481039_thumb.png post-9364-0-02133500-1374481042_thumb.png

Moon Patrol.zip

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1