IGNORED

New 40GB PS3, is it coming to NA, and other questions.

bruser_inc

Ever since my 360 kicked the dust, and MS not willing to fix it, I have been wanting to get a PS3, but have been holding off. Now I am hearing about this new 40gb unit that might be coming out. Also I do have the chance to buy a new 20gb version of the system for $400 from a local store.

So questions:

1-Is the 40gb unit coming to North America?

1a-If so, I have heard it won't play PS2 games. Is this true? Or will Sony have updates for games like MS does with the 360?

1b-If it won't play PS2 games at all, is it better if I just get the 20gb version?

Thanks!

Ever since my 360 kicked the dust, and MS not willing to fix it, I have been wanting to get a PS3, but have been holding off. Now I am hearing about this new 40gb unit that might be coming out. Also I do have the chance to buy a new 20gb version of the system for $400 from a local store.

So questions:

1a-If so, I have heard it won't play PS2 games. Is this true? Or will Sony have updates for games like MS does with the 360?

1b-If it won't play PS2 games at all, is it better if I just get the 20gb version?

Thanks!

Rumor has it that the 40GB PS3 will debut in N.A. at the beginning of November. The european 40GB PS3 doesn't have PS2 backwards compatability so the U.S. version probably won't have it either. If you want to be able to play PS2 games then I would say go for either the 20GB or the 60GB versions. Imho, the extras you get with the 60GB version are well worth the extra $100.

So questions:

Thanks!

Why is MS not fixing it? I have never heard of them refusing to do a repair. You need to call them back and speak to someone else...

Why is MS not fixing it? I have never heard of them refusing to do a repair. You need to call them back and speak to someone else...

It gets better, his system is only 9 months old. I asked the same thing you did but was given the bizarre answer that boiled down to..."Derrrrr I dunno. I talked to them, but I dunno"

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1374959

Personally if I had to guess, there is a side of the tale that is not being told. ;)

Edited by moycon

It gets better, his system is only 9 months old. I asked the same thing you did but was given the bizarre answer that boiled down to..."Derrrrr I dunno. I talked to them, but I dunno"

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1374959

Personally if I had to guess, there is a side of the tale that is not being told. ;)

I fucking stated eveything that was said. It froze up, called up once was told just to unplung everything, including the hard drive and it would be fine. Two days later it gave me the three red rings called them back up gave them the ref. number and the new lady wouldn't give me a reason as to why they wouldn't fix it. All I was told was it wasn't under warranty. I mean Jesus Fucking Chirst are you Bill Gates bitch or something? Anyway not my fucking problem, sold the thing on ebay to someone for $220 bucks.

I fucking stated eveything that was said. It froze up, called up once was told just to unplung everything, including the hard drive and it would be fine. Two days later it gave me the three red rings called them back up gave them the ref. number and the new lady wouldn't give me a reason as to why they wouldn't fix it. All I was told was it wasn't under warranty. I mean Jesus Fucking Chirst are you Bill Gates bitch or something? Anyway not my fucking problem, sold the thing on ebay to someone for $220 bucks.

Nope, just a person that doesnt believe your telling the whole story. Doesn't matter if you were talking about the PS3 or the Wii and trying to pass off the same fairy tale. The fact that you immediately start cussing and going on the defensive when questioned shows that you're a pretty unstable and unreasonable guy. If I had to guess you started cussing up a storm at the lady and she refused to help your sorry ass. I'd have done the same thing. MS doesnt just refuse to help people with 9 month old systems without a valid reason, neither would Nintendo, neither would Sony. This isnt about MS it's about your fable. By the way, do you kiss your mommy with that filthy mouth of yours? :lol:

Nope, just a person that doesnt believe your telling the whole story. Doesn't matter if you were talking about the PS3 or the Wii and trying to pass off the same fairy tale. The fact that you immediately start cussing and going on the defensive when questioned shows that you're a pretty unstable and unreasonable guy. If I had to guess you started cussing up a storm at the lady and she refused to help your sorry ass. I'd have done the same thing. MS doesnt just refuse to help people with 9 month old systems without a valid reason, neither would Nintendo, neither would Sony. This isnt about MS it's about your fable. By the way, do you kiss your mommy with that filthy mouth of yours? :lol:

Not to pile on here but if what you're saying is true simply call them back and speak civilly to whatever person you get. MS has been replacing these units with no questions asked for everyone. Yes they tell you to unplug things and press button combinations first to make sure your system is dead, but then they send you a prepaid UPS box. Mine also froze up at first before they had me do all the stupid unplugging and pressing buttons to clear the cache crap. But when it didn't work there was no questions asked and they sent me a UPS box right out. If your story is true I find it hard to believe you're not calling them back and speaking to someone else....

Edit: Oops didn't see that you sold it on eBay at first glance. Why do you think someone would buy it for $220 when it isn't working? Simple, they know MS is going to give them another one. Your story does sound very fishy to me...

Edited by rxd