IGNORED

Is this for real?

Jess Ragan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

Someone at another forum asked if this was an official release, and now I'm starting to wonder myself... is this double ender featuring Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre legit? I want to say that it built in a basement and stuffed into an old Xonox case, but I've never seen the Xonox cases in black.

Definetly a repro, but i honestly believe the seller is just plain stupid, he really thinks it was made in 1983. He don't seem to understand that cartridges can be opened and electronics / labels replaced, hence he believes its an actual 1983 release. And by the grammar of his replies id say he is a foreigner, perhaps Chinese or mexican

Edited by rheffera

No it is not an official release by any means and it's pretty sad that the seller is trying to defend it as a legitimate Xonox release (read the questions and answers at the bottom of the auction). It's a reproduction cart, plain and simple.
No, it's not plain and simple and no, it's not even sad.

This is actually what happens if a repro without the word REPRO on the label falls into the hands of a person who doesn't know anything about originals.

And trust me: this is only the beginning.

Just wait and see what happens the coming years with all these lousy lable creators coming up.

Once again: put the word REPRO on the label!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

No it is not an official release by any means and it's pretty sad that the seller is trying to defend it as a legitimate Xonox release (read the questions and answers at the bottom of the auction). It's a reproduction cart, plain and simple.

This is actually what happens if a repro without the word REPRO on the label falls into the hands of a person who doesn't know anything about originals.

Just wait and see what happens the coming years with all these lousy lable creators coming up.

8)

I agree with you entirely ROM. You can't blame the guy for thinking its a legitimate release. He probably isn't an Atari 2600 expert and may be thinking that you guys are trying to dupe him into selling his "holy grail" for peanuts. If the word "reproduction" was on the label (and it doesn't have to be big) then there would be no misunderstanding.

8)

I agree with you entirely ROM. You can't blame the guy for thinking its a legitimate release. He probably isn't an Atari 2600 expert and may be thinking that you guys are trying to dupe him into selling his "holy grail" for peanuts. If the word "reproduction" was on the label (and it doesn't have to be big) then there would be no misunderstanding.

You'd be surprised at how many people bring Confederate currency in to my work that has the word "FASCIMILE" printed on it who think it is real. Someone even argued that it had been in there family for hundreds of years. I guess they had a time machine or something.

y-bot

• 3 weeks later...

OH MY GOD! THAT SELLER has just contacted me and asked me if i was still interested!, despite the fact i had a go at him. what a dumbass. Maybe the buyer refused to pay after researching it more!

Edited by rheffera