IGNORED

Xante (Rarity 10) - SOLD!

@Homerwannabee - You can't compare the 02 to the Atari 2600, it just flat out does not have the popularity of Atari and never will. A large part of new collectors getting in to the game is nostalgia. I never even heard of the 02 growing up, like many collectors. It is also a boring system to collect for. All the games look identical, except Imagic.

Will a large stash of Xante's be found? I wouldn't be shocked, they might be out there but for now it is an ultra rare cart. I think it's a different kind of rarity though. Kind of like lab loaners, they are cool and rare but a lot of collectors just have no interest in them which makes them sell for less.

I agree with CPUWIZ that a Xante cart is worth around $200, maybe a little more but $500 is a bit of a strech with no end label. An opening bid of $350 for the one that does have an end label would be more realistic. They do look pretty cool and unique and would make an excellent addition to a collection. I would rather own a Music Machine though, just my opinion ;) Either way I don't think Sean will loose money on this flip no matter what the rarity of it is.

I feel that the opening bid of $349.95 is fair. Everyone keeps mentioning the $499.95 price but that is the buy it now. The opening price is $150 less.

My gut feeling is, that you would have gotten more than you thought, had you not put a greedy price range on it. Instead listed it at $9.99 without a BIN.

I feel that my opening and buy it now are set at a fair price. There aren't that many of these around. It isn't like a priced a rarity 2 at this price. Many of the long time collectors do not have a Xante. Maybe it would have sold for more than $500 had a started it at $9.99 without a buy it now. I try to list my items in a range at what I believe the current market value is. Two or three years ago this probably would have sold for a lot more but today's economy in the U.S. isn't as good as it was a couple of years ago.

If any International bidders are interested in this I would ask that you send me a message prior to bidding or buying.

My gut feeling is, that you would have gotten more than you thought, had you not put a greedy price range on it. Instead listed it at $9.99 without a BIN.

I feel that my opening and buy it now are set at a fair price. There aren't that many of these around. It isn't like a priced a rarity 2 at this price. Many of the long time collectors do not have a Xante. Maybe it would have sold for more than $500 had a started it at $9.99 without a buy it now. I try to list my items in a range at what I believe the current market value is. Two or three years ago this probably would have sold for a lot more but today's economy in the U.S. isn't as good as it was a couple of years ago.

If any International bidders are interested in this I would ask that you send me a message prior to bidding or buying.

Holygrail: I think what CPUWIZ is trying to state is that because you got them at such a cheap price, you would have profited off them regardless, and would have done well with them without the normal "market" price range you usually charge on items.

Wow, someone bought it. This is something people don't realize about super rare games. It does not matter if 99 percent of the people who see this think that is too much. All it takes is the 1 percent. And as long as less than 1 percent of the collectors out there have this game than the 1 percent rule comes into effect.

Edit: I just looked at what the winner Troygames has been buying the past 3 months. This guy has some serious cash to spend. On a couple of occasions he even spent over $400 dollars on an Atari 2600 prototype game. And he also drops over $1,500 on pocket watches on a regular basis. It should be interesting to see what type of dynamics this guy brings to the hobby.

Edited by homerwannabee

Wow, someone bought it. This is something people don't realize about super rare games. It does not matter if 99 percent of the people who see this think that is too much. All it takes is the 1 percent. And as long as less than 1 percent of the collectors out there have this game than the 1 percent rule comes into effect.

Edit: I just looked at what the winner Troygames has been buying the past 3 months. This guy has some serious cash to spend. On a couple of occasions he even spent over $400 dollars on an Atari 2600 prototype game. And he also drops over $1,500 on pocket watches on a regular basis. It should be interesting to see what type of dynamics this guy brings to the hobby.

Yeah, Troysgames is constantly overpaying for stuff. Re-Sellers must love him :)

Yeah, Troysgames is constantly overpaying for stuff. Re-Sellers must love him :)

I wouldn't say he overpaid. If you view it as a genuine R10 label variation, such as Sears pic label Superman, its about right. You've got to remember that this is the only known copy of this Xante game, so that adds to the desirability amongst collectors who want these titles. I say good luck to Sean, I'd rather he profit from it than some others. He at least is a no-bullshit reseller

If you include Xante as a copy cart than the NTSC Atari BMX Airmaster would also have to fall under this category as well since TNT games came out with this game first.

You're comparing an official comercially released Atari reissue to a kiosk-produced copy cart with a dot-matrix printed label.

You know, I don't care how you label it, this is still an extremely rare game copy cart or not...I really think the community misses the boat when it comes to understanding rarity.

Yeah it is extremely rare...no question. So what? I think you often miss the boat when it comes to understanding prices...they have just as much to do with demand as rarity. The demand is simply not that high for something like this. I'm not trying to take the wind out of Sean's sails, because it's a great find (especially for the price)...but I wish you'd stop hyping rarity and price of things.

Also, I am not hyping prices. I am just merely trying to maintain prices. I feel that there was a time 4 years ago that if this went on Ebay it would of gone for $500. But for some reason it does not anymore.

Around 4 years ago it DID go for that amount. I had one... and I sold it. I love that they are rare. Do I consider it a true Rarity 10??? Sure... why not. But I think I would like to have an official cart from Atari over an Xante cart. Thats just my opinion though. Either way... I still think they are great!

I wouldn't say he overpaid. If you view it as a genuine R10 label variation, such as Sears pic label Superman, its about right. You've got to remember that this is the only known copy of this Xante game, so that adds to the desirability amongst collectors who want these titles. I say good luck to Sean, I'd rather he profit from it than some others. He at least is a no-bullshit reseller

Dino, I thought Troygames was you. It's not?? I would have both Puzzy's boxed now except for Troygames. :mad:

Dino, I thought Troygames was you. It's not?? I would have both Puzzy's boxed now except for Troygames. :mad:

hehehe... no, its not me. You must've gotten confused with that NTSC Funvision cart I bought a while back. I actually outbid him. So if he constantly overpays for stuff, then what does that say about me :ponder:

hehehe... no, its not me. You must've gotten confused with that NTSC Funvision cart I bought a while back. I actually outbid him. So if he constantly overpays for stuff, then what does that say about me :ponder:

That was the 176 cart correct? Yeah you outbid me on that too... :lol: You're right that's where I probably got you mixed up. Oh well since you didn't win the Puzzy's I will have to correct this: :ponder:

Omega's letter bomb list:

1. Santa Claus (Christmas '85)

2. That guy off of the infomercials

3. Cpuwiz

4. Willie Nelson

5. Dino

Edited by Omegamatrix

That was the 176 cart correct? Yeah you outbid me on that too... :lol: You're right that's where I probably got you mixed up. Oh well since you didn't win the Puzzy's I will have to correct this: :ponder:

Omega's letter bomb list:

1. Santa Claus (Christmas '85)

2. That guy off of the infomercials

3. Cpuwiz

4. Willie Nelson

5. Dino

Why CPUWIZ?

p.s. How 'bout sending me that cable instead? I'll get you that Funvision Karate dump you've been wanting ...

Why CPUWIZ?

p.s. How 'bout sending me that cable instead? I'll get you that Funvision Karate dump you've been wanting ...

Actually I just got another 7800, and if Cpuwiz has some time to burn some Eproms for me you'll get your wish.

megaphone.gif Hey Cpuwiz can you burn me about 4 (28 pin) eproms with the dev.2??

@ Dino

Do the PAL Playaround carts too. :)

Why CPUWIZ?

Actually I just got another 7800, and if Cpuwiz has some time to burn some Eproms for me you'll get your wish.

megaphone.gif Hey Cpuwiz can you burn me about 4 (28 pin) eproms with the dev.2??

@ Dino

Do the PAL Playaround carts too. :)

Oh, yeah, sure I can. You didn't remind me about that. :ponder: