IGNORED

TooManyGames 6 - May 4th, 2008 - Reading, PA

ECGXChuck

Overall this was a very good show. Yeah some of the vendors had high prices, but some of them had some good deals too. It was nice to see the large turn out, but the crowded nature didn't lend itself for randomly meeting up with forum members.

It was really cool to see the spread of merchandise cover pretty much all eras of gaming, while most of the high ticket items were SNES and up there was plenty of Atari stuff on hand as well as Coleco, Intellivision and Vectrex.

And it was nice to see Rolenta and the "Prototype" of Phoenix 4! While I didn't pick up a copy of ABC to VCS (I know, I suck), I'm really looking forward to reading the latest edition of Phoenix when it is finished.

Cheers,

Ben

P.S. and Bean really is adorable!

Everyone, thank you for the kind words! You have no idea how much we appreciate everyone who came out for the show, it was truely a defining moment for me. 8*)

I hope everyone will tell others about how much fun they had at the show and we can keep growing and get more people into the fun!

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on when the next show's going to be! Thanks again!

Aimee is putting the finishing touches on about 16 paintings even as we speak. We'll be there, if a bit tired, with great enthusiasm.

She has an incredible, and giant, Castlevania painting that will totally blow you away.

Can't wait! :)

Stanjr,

can you post some pictures of the paintings Aimee did for the show?

did anyone take any pictures of other AA members there?

Rick

Aimee is putting the finishing touches on about 16 paintings even as we speak. We'll be there, if a bit tired, with great enthusiasm.

She has an incredible, and giant, Castlevania painting that will totally blow you away.

Stanjr,

Rick

I took a small handful of pics. I gotta sign up for a Flickr Pro account so I can create another gallery for them, but they're all disorganized here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/8740872@N08/ There are some pics of Aimee's art in there, really awesome stuff!

Stanjr,

Rick

I took a small handful of pics. I gotta sign up for a Flickr Pro account so I can create another gallery for them, but they're all disorganized here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/8740872@N08/ There are some pics of Aimee's art in there, really awesome stuff!

many thanks!! cool stuff!!

Rick

Edited by Rick Weis

I'll have Aimee post her pictures from the show. We took about 30 paintings with us and only brought home about 8, so all in all, a VERY good show from Aimee's perspective! I also took a ton of systems and games to unload and unload I did. I got rid of all of it. Of course, it took some real salesmanship to unload some of the crap I had (any one within earshot of our table around 4pm will recall an endless chant of "50 cents! Everything must go, take this crap home so I don't have to," etc...), but I unloaded it all.

We had a great time and will be back. Chuck runs a great show, (but maybe next time he'll make it a little more clear to the vendors how to get into the venue to set up, we sat outside for about a half hour unsure how to get in to the place... :ponder: ), but once things were under way, WOW. We were very impressed with the turnout and support. A lot of GREAT gamers and fans. We need more AA people out at this thing.

This is THE East Coast show, as far as I am concerned, now that PhillyClassic has died and VGEXPO no longer represents or cares about the classic community. A truly fun show.

I also made a pretty good haul, if a bit small:

VCS

Off the Wall $4

Piece o' Cake $8

Brain Games $1

Room of Doom $20

NES

Strider & Wheel of Fortune Vanna White Edition- 2 for $5

Gameboy

Aladdin $8

Spider-man $12

Harvest Moon 3 $12

Zelda Oracle of Seasons $12

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow $18

(prices subject to memory)

I was shocked by the lack of really good deals and power games at the show, however. Prices were pretty much in the expected range with little opportunity for a good ol' fashioned haggle. And the only real power games I saw were some Mystique games, a Waterworld, the Room of Doom I snagged, Crazy Climber, and maybe like two more I forget. Virtually no power games for the NES, a few SNES, no real power games for the PS1 or N64. At the last CinciClassic it was practically raining power games... Odd how the convention circuit turns...

I also took a ton of systems and games to unload and unload I did. I got rid of all of it.

I wondered if I had bought some stuff from you. I picked up Spitfire Attack and Laser Blast. That's was the one thing that was tricky at the show, knowing if you were talking to a forum member.

There were a few other rares out there, I saw a Shuttle Orbiter at a decent price to boot. There was a lot of really nice Import Saturn and Dreamcast stuff, but for the most part my top wants were either straight up eBay prices or not there.

Still it was nice to see a wide spread of stuff I picked up...

[2600]

Decathlon in box

Earth Dies Screaming

Laser Blast

Spitfire Attack

[Coleco]

Gorf

Illusions

[T16]

Splatterhouse

[sNES]

Super Punchout

Yoshi's Island

Cheers,

Ben

Speaking of the Lone Star state, I went into some Texas style place for supper in Reading, PA the night before the show and I'm leaning on the wall waiting for a table when I look down and see peanut shells everywhere. I was like 'what the hack?' They were everywhere in the whole place. They gave you free peanuts to eat while you waited. I just don't get it though. Can't they just put trash cans around to throw the shells out? Weird Texas tradition I guess.

Allan

Speaking of the Lone Star state, I went into some Texas style place for supper in Reading, PA the night before the show and I'm leaning on the wall waiting for a table when I look down and see peanut shells everywhere. I was like 'what the hack?' They were everywhere in the whole place. They gave you free peanuts to eat while you waited. I just don't get it though. Can't they just put trash cans around to throw the shells out? Weird Texas tradition I guess.

Allan

Sounds like Texas Land and Cattle. Hmmm, they don't have any in Pennsylvania. There is a Texas Roadhouse in Reading, so perhaps it was that. :)

..Al

Allan

Yah, I think it's Texas Roadhouse that does that. Was the place over by Target and Dick's Sporting Goods, might have been a hotel right next door?

Edited by ECGXChuck

Allan

Sounds like Texas Land and Cattle. Hmmm, they don't have any in Pennsylvania. There is a Texas Roadhouse in Reading, so perhaps it was that. :)

..Al

Yup. That's it.

Allan

yes, Aimee still has the Metroid painting. It looks great over our couch.

legeek! Sorry we didn't connect! Glad you were able to take advantage of my discount pricing! How do you like Spitfire Attack? Not a bad little dog fight game. :)