IGNORED

Were these ColecoVision games released in real boxes?

Pixelboy

dmonroe05 and cameleonsmoker

those two dingdongs!

Ding-dongs is an understatement...they bid Oil's Well up to $108 within two hours of it being listed.

Really? I haven't checked it lately. Although not surprising, they are SpeedCollectors on prescription-strength crack. Coleco-nymphos. eBay junkies. Rutabagas!

Well somewhere around 1987, my brother met with Telegames at a video/electronics trade show that summer, and they said that they had received Skiing, but it was incomplete. So they finished debugging it and released it then. I bought it at Toys R Us at Christmas time ("Wow! New ColecoVision games"). I know a lot of the new telegames games came in a generic box, or a CBS box at least in Canada.

Skiing didn't work on my Coleco Adam, and I didn't have a ColecoVision at the time so I traded it to a friend. I remember the sticker being "reproduction" quality, as well as the box. So I believe that it was never done with full colour Coleco art for the box or sticker.

Edited by hardhat

Well somewhere around 1987, my brother met with Telegames at a video/electronics trade show that summer, and they said that they had received Skiing, but it was incomplete. So they finished debugging it and released it then. I bought it at Toys R Us at Christmas time ("Wow! New ColecoVision games"). I know a lot of the new telegames games came in a generic box, or a CBS box at least in Canada.

Skiing didn't work on my Coleco Adam, and I didn't have a ColecoVision at the time so I traded it to a friend. I remember the sticker being "reproduction" quality, as well as the box. So I believe that it was never done with full colour Coleco art for the box or sticker.

So you're saying they used a cheap plastic box for Skiing, like with Tank Wars and Cosmic Crisis? Alright, thanks for the information. :)

Yeah, hardhat sounds right on according to my memory... I don't think I've ever heard anyone suggest even that Skiing had a real box or cart. I'd believed all along in the CBS Soccer, but Skiing I think is a vaporware type situation.

And Buyatari-- If you wanna sell that let me know. I always get a sinking sad feeling when someone finds a game they didn't know they had in the collection... almost like someone having a neglected pet. :)

Murph

Yeah, I spotted that last night. Glad to see proof that this thing actually exists! :D

Yes indeed - glad to see proof finally. As a CBS ColecoVision collector I'm gonna have to have a go at this one. With dmonroe05 and cameleonsmoker already in a bidding frenzy this one is going to be expensive.

Better you than those two dingdongs! I'll be watching but not bidding, so good luck!

Ouch that hurt - I suppose that this probably makes me a dingdong!!

Well I have been trying to collect all the English CBS ColecoVision releases (those released in the UK) and this now completes my collection - from that point of view it was worth it. Just wish I knew who the other two were who helped push the price up so high :x Not sure if its any comfort that two other people were willing to pay a similar price.

Yeah, I spotted that last night. Glad to see proof that this thing actually exists! :D

Yes indeed - glad to see proof finally. As a CBS ColecoVision collector I'm gonna have to have a go at this one. With dmonroe05 and cameleonsmoker already in a bidding frenzy this one is going to be expensive.

Better you than those two dingdongs! I'll be watching but not bidding, so good luck!

Well I have been trying to collect all the English CBS ColecoVision releases (those released in the UK) and this now completes my collection - from that point of view it was worth it. Just wish I knew who the other two were who helped push the price up so high :x Not sure if its any comfort that two other people were willing to pay a similar price.

Nah, you are in it for the love of Colecovision, not one of these flash in the pan speedcollectors. It was an exciting last 30 seconds to watch, I kept hitting the refresh to see the action - wow! :-o

Just wish I knew who the other two were who helped push the price up so high

(* whistles innocently... *) :ponder: :P

Congrats on your win!

EDIT: In addition to wanting to add this rare item to my CV collection, I was also planning to scan it and make an american-style custom box for the Super Action Football repro I have here. I guess that particular project will have to wait...

Edited by Pixelboy

Just wish I knew who the other two were who helped push the price up so high :x Not sure if its any comfort that two other people were willing to pay a similar price.

Looks like you outsniped Pixelboy and chuys450. The 'ding-dongs' didn't even come close...highest bid by one of them was around $75. What do you expect? Those jokers don't know how much to bid...they don't know what the hell they're bidding on or how much it's worth. :roll:

Just wish I knew who the other two were who helped push the price up so high :x Not sure if its any comfort that two other people were willing to pay a similar price.

Looks like you outsniped Pixelboy and chuys450. The 'ding-dongs' didn't even come close...highest bid by one of them was around $75. What do you expect? Those jokers don't know how much to bid...they don't know what the hell they're bidding on or how much it's worth. :roll:

Maybe someone will buy my loose copy of Imagic Tournament Tennis for auction ; )

I just sold one to DreamTR

LOL...WTF is that thing about better handwriting?

Yeah, I was just asking him about it last night. That had to be one of the last Imagic releases, if not the last, when they were trying to get into the computer market. Notice the complete change in packaging from the earlier Imagic stuff and the product being badged as 'Computer Software'...even the Imagic logo is different. Interesting...good luck finding another one of these.

Just wish I knew who the other two were who helped push the price up so high

(* whistles innocently... *) :ponder: :P

Congrats on your win!

EDIT: In addition to wanting to add this rare item to my CV collection, I was also planning to scan it and make an american-style custom box for the Super Action Football repro I have here. I guess that particular project will have to wait...

Damn - didn't know you were going for this one - sorry about that.

Well, I have a scanner and would be delighted to scan the box for you at whatever setting you would like. Just PM me and I'll do it once the game arrives.

Looks like you outsniped Pixelboy and chuys450.

You must keep your ear to the ground VERY closely - thanks for letting me know. Wish there was a way we were all better coordinated so that we didn't drive the price up for each other!

Taking into account the fact that the Canadian dollar is now around 15 to 20% stronger than it was say 6 months ago the sting is somewhat lessened.

Hey, Pixelboy and chuys450 - if you're interested I have a spare Super Action Football (Soccer) cart in the CBS style shell that I'd be happy to sell/trade. I can also get hold of another one of these complete with an original manual. Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by Ikrananka

Damn - didn't know you were going for this one - sorry about that.

No need to apologize. You win some, you lose some. :)

Well, I have a scanner and would be delighted to scan the box for you at whatever setting you would like. Just PM me and I'll do it once the game arrives.

PM sent. :D

You must keep your ear to the ground VERY closely - thanks for letting me know. Wish there was a way we were all better coordinated so that we didn't drive the price up for each other!

That could be nice, but it wouldn't insure that some other "dingdongs" wouldn't come along and swipe covetted items.

Taking into account the fact that the Canadian dollar is now around 15 to 20% stronger than it was say 6 months ago the sting is somewhat lessened.

I agree. It feels weird to pay less in canadian money when going to the bank for a money order in US funds. :)

Hey, Pixelboy and chuys450 - if you're interested I have a spare Super Action Football (Soccer) cart in the CBS style shell that I'd be happy to sell/trade. I can also get hold of another one of these complete with an original manual. Let me know if you're interested.

What do you mean by "original" manual? Also, if you've read the PM I just sent you, you may prefer to wait a bit before doing such a trade... ;)

I can also get hold of another one of these complete with an original manual. Let me know if you're interested.

I can't help but wonder, if you know of another one CIB, then why'd you bid so high on the Ebay one?? lol

I can also get hold of another one of these complete with an original manual. Let me know if you're interested.

I can't help but wonder, if you know of another one CIB, then why'd you bid so high on the Ebay one?? lol

Ooops - I can't quite seem to make myself clear these days. What I meant was that I could get hold of another cart and manual but NOT the box. :P

PM PingvinBlueJeans. Several of us have taken to PMing each other, asking about stuff that we might bid on and if other people are planning on bidding. Thus far it has been pretty successful in terms of not stepping on anyone's toes.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone here tell me if these ColecoVision games were actually released in retail cardboard boxes?

- Boulder Dash: no cardboard box, just a green Telegames clamshell case with printed color insert and printed manual

- Cosmic Crisis: not believed to have a box, came in a carded Telegames bag with text instructions

- Gust Buster: yes

- Strike It!: same as Cosmic Crisis

- Tank Wars: same as above

- The Yolk's On You: no box, just the Adam's House/EColeco repro cart with typed text instructons AFAIK

Not sure about the others...send a PM to Trade-N-Games or chuys450 and they may have more info.

I have a camplete copy (Box , Manual ,Cart) from Bit Corp for Tank Wars and Meteoric Shower.