IGNORED

Memo Pad - Release 5

joyfulcoder

I'm having trouble opening this Atari BASIC file properly in Release 25 for Windows: King Cribbage

Memo Pad opens up lines 1 - 1525 of the program fine, but it doesn't display many lines that should be there. The program opens up and displays correctly in BASIC with Altirra, though, and runs fine too.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

I'm having trouble opening this Atari BASIC file properly in Release 25 for Windows: King Cribbage

Memo Pad opens up lines 1 - 1525 of the program fine, but it doesn't display many lines that should be there. The program opens up and displays correctly in BASIC with Altirra, though, and runs fine too.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting it. I am able to reproduce the problem and will look into it tomorrow after work.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the updates :thumbsup:

I've attached parts of two small "assembler" files people have sent/from the forum - when you open then in Memopad you get some graphics/hidden characters from the spacing or tabluation.

Does/can you make Memopad convert/support these/hide them? You can open them in Notepad etc without seeing them but I like using memopad for my Atari stuff :)

Another thought - how about Memopad identifying which assembler the code is from?!!

TESTFILE1.txt

TESTFILE2.txt

Edited by therealbountybob

I've attached parts of two small "assembler" files people have sent/from the forum - when you open then in Memopad you get some graphics/hidden characters from the spacing or tabluation.

Does/can you make Memopad convert/support these/hide them? You can open them in Notepad etc without seeing them but I like using memopad for my Atari stuff :)

Another thought - how about Memopad identifying which assembler the code is from?!!

Displaying tab chars as a user specified number of spaces is on my To Do list. I think I will need another view mode for when to display characters as is and when to process them. I recently implemented support for entering graphics and inverse characters and realized entering two of the graphic characters, when EOL mode is not ATASCII, can create a new line. Anyway, I will try to have a solution soon. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this a 32bit application? The web page shows it running on OS X 10.11.16 with wine.

But I´m on Catalina (10.15.4) which doesn´t work with 32bit applications.

Meanwhile I got wine64 running and so I can use Altirra64.exe like I want it to. But MemoPad doesn´t start with wine64.

Would love to get that tool running on my Mac. Any ideas?

So @DjayBee posted a link to this tool in another thread today. What a great little program. Does anyone know if there's a way to increase the font size of the default text window? I have a native 4K resolution on my Win10 desktop and the font used in the editor window is just too small. I didn't see any options in the program itself to change the point size of the font. 

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

So @DjayBee posted a link to this tool in another thread today. What a great little program. Does anyone know if there's a way to increase the font size of the default text window? I have a native 4K resolution on my Win10 desktop and the font used in the editor window is just too small. I didn't see any options in the program itself to change the point size of the font. 

In the View menu, under Font Size, change it to Double. That made font readable on my Retina MacBook Pro. Before that, the font size was too small to be readable.

Bob C

Just now, darwinmac said:

In the View menu, under Font Size, change it to Double. That made font readable on my Retina MacBook Pro. Before that, the font size was too small to be readable.

Bob C

On my 4K screen, that just makes the fonts short and wide, lol.

No, I mean a real font-size display (12 pt, 14 pt, etc). I have the commonly-available A8 TrueType fonts installed, that have been floating around since around 2001 - 2002 or so. I use them in Frotz, for instance, to give my text adventure games a vintage Atari look. 

But short of changing my Win10 box’s desktop screen resolution, there seems to be no way to make the editor window’s fonts more legible for a high-DPI display. 

If I use double wide, that’s what I get. However, using double, it appears to make the text on my screen double in size in each direction so they don’t look short and fat. 

I don’t see any Windows standard font size or panel, so if Double doesn’t work for you, your solution may be all you have. 

Bob C

On 5/9/2020 at 5:57 PM, skr said:

Is this a 32bit application? The web page shows it running on OS X 10.11.16 with wine.

But I´m on Catalina (10.15.4) which doesn´t work with 32bit applications.

Meanwhile I got wine64 running and so I can use Altirra64.exe like I want it to. But MemoPad doesn´t start with wine64.

Would love to get that tool running on my Mac. Any ideas?

Yes, it is a 32bit app.  I no longer have that Mac and can't remember the details.

I do run it with Wine on 64bit Linux.  There is a something like WINEARCH=win32 setting but I don't know if this will work on Wine for Mac or is specific to Wine for Linux.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:39 PM, DrVenkman said:

On my 4K screen, that just makes the fonts short and wide, lol.

No, I mean a real font-size display (12 pt, 14 pt, etc). I have the commonly-available A8 TrueType fonts installed, that have been floating around since around 2001 - 2002 or so. I use them in Frotz, for instance, to give my text adventure games a vintage Atari look. 

But short of changing my Win10 box’s desktop screen resolution, there seems to be no way to make the editor window’s fonts more legible for a high-DPI display. 

Memo Pad uses a custom bitmap font rendering.

I have replaced the font size settings with a new 1x to 9x multiplier setting.  Hopefully this will provide a readable font size on your high-DPI display.

This new setting is available now in Release 29.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 5/17/2020 at 10:14 PM, joyfulcoder said:

I have replaced the font size settings with a new 1x to 9x multiplier setting.  Hopefully this will provide a readable font size on your high-DPI display.

This new setting is available now in Release 29.

This is excellent. Love it. I look forward to the future when the left and right character margins can be set. That would make this perfect.

• 3 years later...