IGNORED

Spectravideo Compumate emulation?

LoTonah

Yeah, I saw that one...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115527

NTSC versions do pop up every few months...mabb96 has a few left I think.

As far as emulation goes, it ran a version of BASIC, but I'm not aware of any emulation of the CompuMate itself...that would be very complex.

Yeah, I saw that one...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115527

NTSC versions do pop up every few months...mabb96 has a few left I think.

As far as emulation goes, it ran a version of BASIC, but I'm not aware of any emulation of the CompuMate itself...that would be very complex.

z26 emulates the compumate. You need the ROM in order for it to run, however.

• 2 months later...
Is it really that hard to get a dump of an NTSC Compumate? You'd think by now it would have been done. Does someone want to volunteer?

I have an NTSC Compumate...I'll see what I can do.

Dumping this ROM is a bit difficult. The Compumate does it's bankswitching through the controller port, but the cables are too short to fit into the 7800 cartridge reader. When I dumped the PAL ROM, I had to plug the Compumate controller port cables into an extra 2600 with a Supercharger which would run a little program to set a specific bank on the Compumate. That allowed me to read the four banks seperately on the 7800.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Dumping this ROM is a bit difficult. The Compumate does it's bankswitching through the controller port, but the cables are too short to fit into the 7800 cartridge reader. When I dumped the PAL ROM, I had to plug the Compumate controller port cables into an extra 2600 with a Supercharger which would run a little program to set a specific bank on the Compumate. That allowed me to read the four banks seperately on the 7800.

Thank you for the tip. :thumbsup:

We'll see what happens.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for the tip. :thumbsup:

We'll see what happens.

I'm bumping this thread because it might be possible to emulate the Compumate on Chimera, although it would probably take some disassembly and hacking to do it. So I'd like to see an NTSC dump.

I'm bumping this thread because it might be possible to emulate the Compumate on Chimera, although it would probably take some disassembly and hacking to do it. So I'd like to see an NTSC dump.

I'm working on it. As soon as I can meet up with Curt, it will get done. He's been busy and so far we've been unable to make arrangements.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans