IGNORED

world tour racing.

midnight8

I've always had a warm spot for Club Drive myself too, whether by accident or intentionally, the physics engine always seemed to me to be extremely similiar to real-world remote controlled toy cars, even how they crash and flip over and react when hitting bumps, etc. Later, I played Revolt RC racing on the Dreamcast and it reminded me of Club Drive. I think Club Drive would have been more popular if it had been marketed as a simulated RC racing "Park" game.

Edited by Gunstar

• 6 years later...

Bumping an old one, but didn't feel the need to create a whole new "world tour racing" thread.

I spent a number of hours with this last night and have to say I'm very impressed.

The graphics seem bad at first, but the more you play the more you settle into them. The framerate is also a bit dodgy at times, especially if there are a lot of cars on the screen. The options menu and interface are great, as are the animations. The one thing that annoyed me is that I changed my player one name to my name, and it didn't save to the Memory Track! Who wants to change that every time...pain in the ass.

Where the game really shines is in the gameplay and controls. The car controls very well, braking is strong, and the car doesn't slow down to much when you go off the track a bit. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the sound quality is some of the highest on the jag, and the soundtrack rocks. Love the random plugs for Doom on the billboards on the side of the track.

Can't recommend WTR enough! have yet to try two player mode...curious to see how playable that is with possible framerate issues.

Also, does anyone know if this was actually supposed to be the sequel to checkered flag? Or is that just a rumor?

It is a very fun game essentially with 2 players. The difficulty levels allow children to play it without getting frustrated to finish always at last position.

Most of the available tracks are accurate repro of real tracks and there are some imaginary tracks (Egypt...) which are bringing some originality (Egypt for example is a very undulating track).

As it is on CD, it has some cool cinematic scenes of intro and outro.

Last but not least: an easter egg allows to race with... a schoolbus.

I fully agree it is not and from far the best formula one videogame ever in history but it is at home one our favorite Jag games to have fun.

Suprisingly it brings more fun than Super Burn Out which is generally said to be very well programmed.

It is a very fun game essentially with 2 players. The difficulty levels allow children to play it without getting frustrated to finish always at last position.

Most of the available tracks are accurate repro of real tracks and there are some imaginary tracks (Egypt...) which are bringing some originality (Egypt for example is a very undulating track).

As it is on CD, it has some cool cinematic scenes of intro and outro.

Last but not least: an easter egg allows to race with... a schoolbus.

I fully agree it is not and from far the best formula one videogame ever in history but it is at home one our favorite Jag games to have fun.

Suprisingly it brings more fun than Super Burn Out which is generally said to be very well programmed.

The fun factor is what makes the game. I was reflecting last night that F1 world grand prix on the N64 is a technichaly superior game, but just not nearly as fun to play. I'm also a huge super burnout fan, but it's a little stiff and bland compared to WTR, especially in the controls department. I think that, besides the soundtrack and the bright blocky graphics, the controls are really what makes it. They really nailed the physics and it feels like you might be driving rather than playing a video game.

Does it utilize the memory track whatsoever? I find myself having to re-set all my options each time I play.

If you cut off the in game music that does help out with the lag in world tour racing. ;)

Will have to try this just to see you it runs. I've actually broken into laughter at the frame rate a few times. Luckily I wouldn't say it ruins the game by any means. Pity because it's currently my favorite jaguar soundtrack, T2K included..

• 2 weeks later...

World Tour Racing has quickly become one of my favorite jag games, period. Like top 5 right now easy. It's also my favorite jag racer currently. I don't have Power Drive Rally, but I have to say it edges out Super Burnout for me. And I'm a motorcyclist so I didn't make that decision lightly!!

World Tour Racing has quickly become one of my favorite jag games, period. Like top 5 right now easy. It's also my favorite jag racer currently. I don't have Power Drive Rally, but I have to say it edges out Super Burnout for me. And I'm a motorcyclist so I didn't make that decision lightly!!

I'm right there with ya! I enjoy Power Drive Rally as well, but find myself playing WTR far more often, borrowed a friends for awhile, finally got my own copy last month through Songbird :)

I can only dream for a "Track pack" Cd, kind of how they are doing the additions to Protector SE :)

Shame this game wasnt available before the Jags commercial demise.

I still have to try turning the sound off like mentioned above, will do so today!

• Like 1

After playing a bunch more WTR I only have one bad thing to say about it:

It's really too bad it doesn't utilize the memory track, not only to save high scores, but to save your place in the championship mode. And how does one go about saving your championship progress? With the longest. Password. EVER......

Other than that minor gripe, the game rocks.