IGNORED

Graves' Manor Atari 2600 pulled from ebay

Buyatari

Can anyone read the date on that label? Is it 1-28-81 or 9-28-81? I'm assuming it's 8-28-81 because of this earlier proto:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/h...house/81281.htm

I'd love to see this one dumped...

Tempest

actually the date was 9-28-81 which probably will make it a final version (or close to it).

Looks like "LOANED:1-28-83" to me. Label is a bit spotty so it's hard to tell for sure.

Grave's Manor is different title from the proto web site's Mystery Mansion so there's at least 3 different titles total including the final release Haunted House.

PS why is this in Marketplace? Wouldn't Proto section be better?

Grave's Manor is different title from the proto web site's Mystery Mansion so there's at least 3 different titles total including the final release Haunted House.

Actually it had FOUR names:

1. Mystery Mansion

2. Nightmare Manor

3. Graves Manor

4. Haunted House

The Nightmare Manor name is a bit hard to verify though. I've seen a document that calls it Nightmare Manor, but I've never seen that name on a prototype before. The person could have been mistaken on the name, but they also could have changed it before a new proto was burned.

Tempest

I was someone who was interested in getting this game but it was canceled before I could bid on it. I came here looking for more information. I found one site with some information about other prototypes - atariproto, but there aren't any roms on the site to download and try :x . Did anyone contact the auction seller to see what happened? I wonder if eBay canceled it or the seller pulled it off.

I was someone who was interested in getting this game but it was canceled before I could bid on it. I came here looking for more information. I found one site with some information about other prototypes - atariproto, but there aren't any roms on the site to download and try :x . Did anyone contact the auction seller to see what happened? I wonder if eBay canceled it or the seller pulled it off.

Thats why I posted the pics with his email and his ebay user name. Go to it man.

Are there any differences in this version compared with the final Haunted House or is it similar a difference in title only?

Curt

Thats why I posted the pics with his email and his ebay user name. Go to it man.

• 2 weeks later...
if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Whats too good to be true?

That someone has an early haunted house proto? Looks legit to me. He either sold it already or ignores emails.

I think they still have it, especially with the offer I gave them........I think they got scared with the notice of e-bay on how it is illegal to sell protos.

That someone has an early haunted house proto? Looks legit to me. He either sold it already or ignores emails.

I think they still have it, especially with the offer I gave them........I think they got scared with the notice of e-bay on how it is illegal to sell protos.

If you gave them a BIG offer and they did not reply that makes me think they already DID sell it otherwise they would email you back.

If you gave them a BIG offer and they did not reply that makes me think they already DID sell it otherwise they would email you back.

true.......oh well, if that is the case, maybe next time. ;)

PATIENCE IS GOLDEN!!! :)

Edited by Wonder007

Jose, he should be contacting you soon

Is there something I should know???

Jose, yeah, I passed on a secondary offer I made on it, I think it was higher than yours because you stated you were interested in it

Jose, yeah, I passed on a secondary offer I made on it, I think it was higher than yours because you stated you were interested in it

Oh, I was open to negotiate but they never got back to me....they probably sold it to somebody else.....oh well, maybe next time... :) You can't win them all.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I was open to negotiate but they never got back to me....they probably sold it to somebody else.....oh well, maybe next time... :) You can't win them all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110205998289

;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110205998289

;)

Oh man, I cannot believe I missed it...........the winner is lucky I did not know about it........ I think I missed the auction though because we just had a baby on Friday..........that is the best proto you can ever have.......:)

I am surprised the owner of the auction did not get back to me, I would have paid more than that.........

Something I have learned in collecting Atari 2600 protos, you cannot have them all....besides, I am sure one similar to that will appear in the future... ;)

Whats the big deal with this proto anyway?

I don't really know. It's a interesting WIP version of Haunted House, but I've never seen people get this excited about any of the other WIP versions of released games that are out there. I have the rom to a slightly earlier version of this, but I'd need to get permission from the owner to release it. If everyone is this interested in it, I'll ask him...

Tempest