IGNORED

Interest in Eiffel keyboard interface?

eeun

I've had a couple people contact me regarding making more Eiffel keyboard interfaces, and wanted to see how much of an interest there was out there.

If I were to assemble a batch, I'd need to sell (rough estimate) about seven or eight to justify the initial investment in parts and labour. Estimated price would be $45 US, plus shipping from Canada (about $8 for Can/US/England).

I'm also open to any minor changes to the design. My initial thought was to add some unused PCB space for mounting holes.

I've had a couple people contact me regarding making more Eiffel keyboard interfaces, and wanted to see how much of an interest there was out there.

If I were to assemble a batch, I'd need to sell (rough estimate) about seven or eight to justify the initial investment in parts and labour. Estimated price would be $45 US, plus shipping from Canada (about $8 for Can/US/England).

I'm also open to any minor changes to the design. My initial thought was to add some unused PCB space for mounting holes.

I would like to order 2 and have them shipped to the Netherlands!

First two boards are done and tested!

I'll PM those who have posted interest above as more are completed. If you want to contact me off-list, you can reach me at iraymond /at symbol goes here/ mailworks.org.

Mounting holes aren't drilled at the sides...you know where and how you want to mount this better than I do. Keyboard pins can be removed and re-arranged depending on setup.

post-15704-1194626915_thumb.jpg

post-15704-1194626922_thumb.jpg

post-15704-1194626928_thumb.jpg

very nice, what about the version with connector for LCD?

If you look at the schematic on Didier's site, it looks like the LCD is better suited for a separate board, with only 4 wires (I think) going from the Eiffel to the 74ls174 and LCD. That way, the LCD could be positioned in a case without being tied to where the ps/2 ports need to be.

The hex file I've used for programming the pic chip is the latest 1.10 version, so it does have the capability to drive the LCD if anyone wants to add one in later. But for now, just getting this batch finished is challenge enough for me.