IGNORED

Quake 3 Adventure!

Gregory DG

The black castle is done with keys?

Actually, all of the castles have keys that you must get (actually press like a button) before the door will open. Once you are inside, the door closes behind you, but the door can be opened again by touching it. The bots were smart enough (big shock for me) to touch the key and enter.

That part is working good with the bots, but they're still too dumb to walk into a teleporter. Guess they just see dead ends.

Remember, everything to this point is all for deathmatch. So, I've made a few rooms a bit more exciting with objects not actually INSIDE of the game. Like the secrets I've had you guessing lately.

As the clues suggest, there are more than just giant cartridges in the game. Heh heh heh.... :evil:

Well, Again,

I know for a fact you have the graphics done for the Dot and Easter Egg room....I have seen your screenshots...

The dot looked really cool just sticking out there like that...hehe..

are you going to make it follow you? Also you should use some sort of animated texture map for use on Warren's sig in the Easter egg room...

Just some thoughts...

What do the keys look like? Are they huge!!!

8)

Well,  Again,

I know for a fact you have the graphics done for the Dot and Easter Egg room....I have seen your screenshots...

The dot looked really cool just sticking out there like that...hehe..

What do the keys look like?  Are they huge!!!

8)

For the time being, everything you see in the game (except for the weapons and bots) are static objects. They don't move. Once I get to the "Adventure" game, I'll have to make models. What you do see in the game is a general idea as to how they will look when they become models.

For the "Adventure" game, I'd like the dot to be picked up like any other item. I'd also like it to be a chameleon color so that you don't actually see it.

The keys aren't that big, really.

Text vs. graphic labels.... Cool... It's like fort vs. fort. :wink:

Will the keys be carried in front of you like the sword and gun?  Keeping the Adventure spirit of one item at a time?

Yup! Wish I could make a mock-up of what the sword would look like being carried, but I haven't spent much time with model making. It's 10x harder than making a map.

Here are some teaser pictures, (I'm so evil. :twisted: )

The Yellow key:

http://www.ataritimes.com/classics/images/...v/yellowkey.jpg

The clouds (from Combat) and something else down the hallway:

http://www.ataritimes.com/classics/images/...3adv/clouds.jpg

Hmm... What am I standing on?

http://www.ataritimes.com/classics/images/...3adv/manual.jpg

Also, there are some other pictures I've not posted or announced. Some industrious people have already found them. ;)

Now i havent tried building levels since about '95 playing with doom wads. Back then importing scans of stuff was not easy, if not impossible, i certainly never did.

Theoretically, looking at the third snap, it would be possible to make an entire Q3 level of Atari cartridges using the online scans here at AA (with permission of course ;) )

you should make that your next project Greg. But in the meantime, hurry up and get the beta released :D

Adam

This is waaaayyyy too cool! I can't wait till it is ready. You should put the Game cart in a room standing by itself like the giant monolith in 2001!

Are you going to have that pickup sound and drop sound from the game? How about stunning the dragons when you run into them? and finally are you going to have the rainbow effect if you win the game?

Now i havent tried building levels since about '95 playing with doom wads. Back then importing scans of stuff was not easy, if not impossible, i certainly never did.

I did some Quake I maps and it's always been fairly easy to import textures. Never played much with Doom maps, even though I bought an editor to help Carl with the Doom+ project.

Theoretically, looking at the third snap, it would be possible to make an entire Q3 level of Atari cartridges using the online scans here at AA (with permission of course ;) )

you should make that your next project Greg. But in the meantime, hurry up and get the beta released :D  

Yes, I've thought of doing a map completely with scans of cartridges & boxes! There's this Quake 3 map from PC Gamer where you are inside a giant video game store (like Electronics Boutique) and you're dodging in between boxes of games like Elite Force, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Alice, etc. Floppy disks on the ground serve as Jump Pads, and the monitors are teleporters that take you to a weird world. It's really cool.

The only real obstacle I have with the map at this point is the stupidity of the bots. Otherwise, I could release it tomorrow!

This is waaaayyyy too cool!  I can't wait till it is ready.  You should put the Game cart in a room standing by itself like the giant monolith in 2001!

Are you going to have that pickup sound and drop sound from the game?  How about stunning the dragons when you run into them?  and finally are you going to have the rainbow effect if you win the game?

...The "Adventure" game will be EXACTLY like the original, only in 3D. Sounds and everything.

There's this Quake 3 map from PC Gamer where you are inside a giant video game store ..............

I dont suppose you know where thats available for download? A quick search just proved fruitless, pcgamer.com dont have it, neither do gamespy or any of them types. Id like to have a look at that if poss:)

Adam

I dont suppose you know where thats available for download? A quick search just proved fruitless, pcgamer.com dont have it, neither do gamespy or any of them types. Id like to have a look at that if poss:)

Adam

The map is called "Padshop" and it was on the April 2001 coverdisc of PC Gamer. The homepage for the author is http://www.padmaps.de or www.padman.de but neither of them seem to work anymore.

I'd put the files on my FTP space for you, but they total 25 meg!

You might be able to find it on one of the other Quake sites such as www.planetquake.com or www.quake3world.com

The clouds (from Combat) and something else down the hallway:http://www.ataritimes.com/classics/images/...3adv/clouds.jpg

I'm so proud, you used my idea! 8)

This is really a great project you are working on. I'm very impressed! :D

Yeah, I thought using the Combat clouds would work best considering they're from an early generation game (like Adventure is.)

Now onto to playtesting. Anyone? Bueller?