IGNORED

Cave In

Atarius Maximus

Any updates on this one?

--Timster--

Barring any new bugs found, the game is complete and has been for quite some time now. I've just been waiting for Albert to let me know about the availability of the superchip board and when we might be able to get it in the store. David Exton has also completed a label for it, which you can view here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...blogid=248&. I'm attaching the latest bin and instruction manual.

Steve

adv217.bin

CaveIn_Instructions_1.4.doc

Opps. Looks like there's a typo on page 2. I think you mean posses instead of posseses, no?

Did the same guy that did the art for Adventure Plus do this one too?

I should have mentioned that the manual is a draft, It will likely have many changes before it's complete. It still gets the job done on how to play the game, though. This artwork was done by David Exton, the artwork for Adventure Plus was done by an old friend of mine, Alan Hollingsworth.

Steve

Are the bullets I fire supposed to re-instantiate every time I change direction? Or is that a bug?

(In other words: I'm moving right, I shoot, then if I press down before the shot completes, it moves below me instead.)

I guess it's not really a bug since I did know about it, and several people have mentioned it to me in the past week. I'll see about changing the bullet firing code before the game is released so it doesn't do that.

Thanks

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Are the bullets I fire supposed to re-instantiate every time I change direction? Or is that a bug?

(In other words: I'm moving right, I shoot, then if I press down before the shot completes, it moves below me instead.)

I guess it's not really a bug since I did know about it, and several people have mentioned it to me in the past week. I'll see about changing the bullet firing code before the game is released so it doesn't do that.

Thanks

Steve

batari helped me fix the issue with the bullet firing code. The revised version is attached.

Steve

cavein.bin

Is the screen supposed to shake when you fire your gun?

I think this is deliberate (though I find it slightly annoying). However, the screen briefly shows 263 lines when moving between screens, which may cause problems with some TV sets.

Chris

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just noticed that you attached the latest binary to this thread today, so I thought it deserved a bump. ;)

This looks very nice. So I take it you never got help adding music? Sorry about that, but it's still very good as-is. Also, do you have the latest artwork for the label? I checked livinabin's blog, but the completed art was on his site which is now gone. I'd love to have the art to use in my emulator until this thing gets on a cart. :lust:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Just noticed this post, sorry for replying over a month late. :)

Here's how the health system works: You start with 80 units of health, represented by 8 blocks on the on-screen health meter. One unit of health (1 block on the screen) represents 10 points of health. For every 10 health points you lose, one block will disappear on the screen. One enemy hit removes one unit of health. When you pick up a first aid kit, it will refresh the current "block" of heatlh, but that doesn't result in the bar increasing on the screen.

I did that playthrough (bjars.com is my site) and I used a health cheat that's included in the final release of the game. Here it is behind a spoiler tag, just in case someone doesn't want to know (or wants to figure it out on their own).

push right on the right joystick to restore your health.

• 6 years later...

We'll be featuring Cave In LIVE on this Wednesday's (tomorrow) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Qb Special Edition (2001) by Andrew Davie
- Pixel Ninja Pit Jump (2019 WIP) by Sknarp
- Cave In (2012) by Steve Engelhardt aka Atarius Maximus
- Bit Quest (2017) by Brian Shea aka metalbabble

1967752730_20190703-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.db8461e6eb78240edd129158f35bb97c.jpg

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2