IGNORED

Stelladaptor and the ColecoVision?

ColecoNation

Can you use the Stelladaptor to play ColecoVision games on an emulator with a ColecoVision controller? Now, I realize you would only be able to play games that required one fire button and no keypad input, but would the ColecoVision controller work?

How about the Atari 7800 joypad? Would that work (with only one fire button games)?

I really want to find a way to play CV emulated games on my computer with a real CV controller and I unfortunately missed the boat on getting the USB adapter that RetroBox used to offer. It seems that the Stelladaptor might be my only option...

~ Nathan

I tired it, as I have a pair of 7800 controllers, but I honestly do not remember the answer. I am having a major brain meltdown. I can say for certain that the Bally Astrocade controllers as well as that Flashback controllers will not work. They both use the same 9 pin connector, but are not compatible.

Retrozone offers a kit that you can convert a Colecovision controller to USB.

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?productID=127

All the parts to upgrade your own Colecovision controller to USB. You can even build real Colecovision ports onto your computer. Kit includes board, USB cable, and requires soldering

From the sounds of it, with the right parts, you could probably make an adapter as well.

Thanks for all the help.

RetroZone does have the kit, but I really don't have the skills to upgrade a CV controller or create an adapter from scratch.

Anyone out there have the ability to make a RetroKit into an adapter and want to make a few extra bucks?

+ Nathan

Retrozone offers a kit that you can convert a Colecovision controller to USB.

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?productID=127

All the parts to upgrade your own Colecovision controller to USB. You can even build real Colecovision ports onto your computer. Kit includes board, USB cable, and requires soldering

From the sounds of it, with the right parts, you could probably make an adapter as well.