IGNORED

Black Ice / White Noise rev. 18 vs. rev 19

lexlothar555

is there any difference between these two? Ive seen 18 on the internet for ~$30 but once in a while 19 pops up for >$50. Is there much difference between the two revisions? just curious. thanks!

yes,there are differences. i believe the $50 one was limited and has a strategy guide etc. great game too,but unfinished :(

If you are talking about the officially licensed releases of Rev. 18&19 (as there were free downloads for them and or they were included in Extremist packs from JS2 and then they were also released with manuals and case and guides and stuff. So it's hard to say which versions you are refering too. If you are refering to the full, officially released packages, then as noted by BuddyBuddies, one 19 comes with more packaging bells and whistles. But, as far as the actual gameplay, they are only slightly different, we are only talking about ONE WEEK difference in development, and actually, Rev. 19 crashes more often, it is far less stable in many areas, so to enjoy the "game" Rev. 18 is the recommended version, and can be bought with case and manual, etc., directly from the copyright holder. I don't have his web address off-hand, but I'm sure someone here can supply it.

If you are talking about the officially licensed releases of Rev. 18&19 (as there were free downloads for them and or they were included in Extremist packs from JS2 and then they were also released with manuals and case and guides and stuff. So it's hard to say which versions you are refering too. If you are refering to the full, officially released packages, then as noted by BuddyBuddies, one 19 comes with more packaging bells and whistles. But, as far as the actual gameplay, they are only slightly different, we are only talking about ONE WEEK difference in development, and actually, Rev. 19 crashes more often, it is far less stable in many areas, so to enjoy the "game" Rev. 18 is the recommended version, and can be bought with case and manual, etc., directly from the copyright holder. I don't have his web address off-hand, but I'm sure someone here can supply it.

Small correction, the Extremist Pack #1 actually contained Revision 23, the final revision ever burned of the game..... It was Cobracon's release that had Rev 19, Ambient Distortions release was Rev 18 and Astrobeej has released Rev 18 nicely packaged....

One other note, if you find someone selling EP#1, beware of pirated copies....

Edited by jaysmith2000

Small correction, the Extremist Pack #1 actually contained Revision 23, the final revision ever burned of the game..... It was Cobracon's release that had Rev 19, Ambient Distortions release was Rev 18 and Astrobeej has released Rev 18 nicely packaged....

One other note, if you find someone selling EP#1, beware of pirated copies....

I haven't seen any pirated copies being sold... have any been on EBay?