IGNORED

N64 HSC week 1: Robotron 64

The Nintendo 64 High Score Club starts off with Robotron 64.

Twin Galaxies records:

8,556,250 - Paul McCallon

3,179,000 - Terence O'Neill

So far this week...

3,117,300 - PressureCooker2600

686,550 - atari2600land

619,000 - kevin242

319,750 - A Sprite

this week ends at November 19 - noon Pacific.

Edited by atari2600land

Well, let's start this week's competition! Robotron 64 is the game this week, so shoot those things! I couldn't find a copy, so I won't be playing this week. Emulation on either Wii's Virtual Console (if it applies) or PC/Mac is fine. This competition will end November 19th at noon Pacific time.

so should I just take a picture of the score? I am using a real N64... I dont think using an emulator would be fair because y ou could theoretically slow the game down and make it easy.

If you have a digital camera, sure. I didn't know you could slow the game down using an emulator. I want this open to everyone (that is, everyone with a high-speed modem that can download an N64 emulator and N64 roms, I'm still stuck in dial-up because high-speed modem isn't available in my area yet.), but if you have a copy of the game on a real N64, use it. The Atari 2600 HSC allows emulators, which is why I allowed emulators.

so should I just take a picture of the score? I am using a real N64... I dont think using an emulator would be fair because y ou could theoretically slow the game down and make it easy.

If you have a digital camera, sure. I didn't know you could slow the game down using an emulator. I want this open to everyone (that is, everyone with a high-speed modem that can download an N64 emulator and N64 roms, I'm still stuck in dial-up because high-speed modem isn't available in my area yet.), but if you have a copy of the game on a real N64, use it. The Atari 2600 HSC allows emulators, which is why I allowed emulators.

N64 emulators (AFAIK) aren't as far along as 2600 emulators. I'm not too sure there is an emulator that could do RObo 64 and even if it could without the n64 controlpad it would be damn hard to play the game.

N64 emulators (AFAIK) aren't as far along as 2600 emulators. I'm not too sure there is an emulator that could do RObo 64 and even if it could without the n64 controlpad it would be damn hard to play the game.

It works fine....

post-12969-1194931016_thumb.png

..as long as you don't try to take snapshots. ;) I died for this.

Most N64 games are easier to play on the Wii or the PC, due to the higher resolution.

Played a game for about 2 hours last night....died on Wave 113.

Some tips:

- Don't get all tensed up. This is nowhere NEAR as hard as the original Robotron.

- Stay around the edges of the screen when there are tons of enemies.....makes it easier to mow down all the enemies and survive.

- Don't be afraid to take chances to rescue some people. In the end it could work out in your favor.....remember, you get an extra man after each wave.

I downloaded Nemu 64 and there's something wrong with it. Once I get to Wave 3, the emulator goes berzerk and goes really hyper fast and I can't control my guy anymore. Also, it's really tough to see the enemies in the game. I think if I had the actual copy (or slow the emulator down) I could score more than 22,000.