IGNORED

Server Migration Complete - 11/11/07

Albert

If you're wondering why the site was down during the day on Saturday, it's because AtariAge was being moved to a new server. The new server is a fair bit faster than the older one, plus it's running newer versions of Apache (the web server) and PHP (the computer language pretty much the entire site is programmed in). I've also done some other performance tuning as well, and you should notice that the forums are a fair bit faster than before.

The move didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked (ahh, computers, what a love/hate relationship), but it appears that everything is working properly now. If you notice anything that's out of place or you get strange error messages anywhere, please let me know and I'll try to fix the problem as quickly as possible. Undoubtedly there will be some minor issues that will need to be ironed out..

Enjoy!

..Al

The "winky" emoticon is broke. ;) just shows up as a semi-colon followed by a closing parenthesis now, even when using the emoticon table to enter it.

Edit: Okay, never mind. It worked here. But why doesn't it show up properly over here?

Edited by skunkworx

The "winky" emoticon is broke. ;) just shows up as a semi-colon followed by a closing parenthesis now, even when using the emoticon table to enter it.

Edit: Okay, never mind. It worked here. But why doesn't it show up properly over here?

Good question. I edited the post and saved it, and that didn't fix it. ;) Hmmm.

..Al

I was a bit worried too, when www.atariage.com couldn't be reached anymore yesterday.

Though I thought that it was due a mistake of my provider. :)

The transition was supposed to go smoothly as far as the transition from one server to another without any apparent "downtime" (that is, you should always have been able to connect to one server or the other). But I managed to bungle that up nicely. Hopefully by now everyone can see the new server.

..Al

The transition was supposed to go smoothly as far as the transition from one server to another without any apparent "downtime" (that is, you should always have been able to connect to one server or the other).

Then it didn't work. :)

Yeah, I know. :( That's what, "But I managed to bungle that up nicely" means. :)

..Al

Don't know if it's just me, but I get this when I go to the main page.

Whattheno.PNG

Yeah, a few people are experiencing it. Glad you posted, though, as I was able to look through the server error log and there are several errors that were generated when you loaded the main page. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem myself, so it's kind of trial and error. I assume following this link works for you?

http://www.atariage.com/index.html ?

Thanks,

..Al

I'm still having prob with the forums and not being able to connect as of 11/11/07 6:20 EST

I get that friendly duck from Adventure greeting me :D

It happens off and on

Somewhere the old DNS information is being cached. I would suggest rebooting your computer (in case your computer is caching it) and clearing your browser's cache. Otherwise it's probably your ISP and until they update their DNS servers, not much you can really do..

..Al

All seems well now. The violet line in the image I posted previously was how I had accessed the forums.

It led me to a page that stated that a post or topic didn't exist, but had the normal heading on the top of the page

(I.E. the AA logo, AtariAge, "Have You Played Atari Today?", etc). From there I went to the forums index.

I apologize if my response is a bit late.

I tried using the forgotten password forum and I had a hard time with the "security code" images. Took me a few retries to find the right guess as the image didn't make clear distinction between 8 and B, O and 0, etc. And sometimes there's dark letter/numbers over dark spot (or light over light) that makes reading even harder.

Also there seems to be an issue getting new image:

Confirm security code

Please enter the 6 character code shown in the image. If you cannot read the code, click the image to generate a new one. Case sensitive.

Clicking on the image doesn't work for me. I've had to do best guess and retry several times.

Somewhere the old DNS information is being cached. I would suggest rebooting your computer (in case your computer is caching it) and clearing your browser's cache. Otherwise it's probably your ISP and until they update their DNS servers, not much you can really do..

Uhm, IP address? :ponder:

Uhm, IP address? :ponder:

Sure, people can access the forum directly by using the IP address:

http://216.40.231.66/~atariage/forums/

..Al