IGNORED

MAME+Stelladapter+Paddles/driving controler?

mimo

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using MAME 32 0.120 and want to use standard Atari paddles/driving controller for Tempest, Arkanoid etc.

Can someone tell me how to configure/set up to do this.

Thanks

From here

You can also use your Atari 2600 joystick and paddle controllers in the popular MAME arcade emulator.

Stelladaptor will work with any emulators that support standard USB controllers. Paddle controllers will only work in emulators that allow configuration of analog USB controllers, or emulators that have been updated to directly support the Stelladaptor (such as z26 and Stella). We will be working with emulator authors to add native support to additional emulators in the future.

So I guess it is just a standard "analog USB controllers"...

I haven't spent a lot of time trying to use paddle controllers with MAME, but when I have it's been hit and miss. I have been able to play games like Arkanoid and Breakout, but others have not worked. Driving controllers will not work at all--emulators need to have specific support for them built in. Therefore, games in MAME that use a spinner without stops (like the 2600 Driving Controllers) won't work.

..Al

I have been able to play games like Arkanoid and Breakout, but others have not worked.

..Al

Perfect, but what should the settings be? I can only get the paddle to zoom uncontrollably from one side of the screen to the other

• 4 years later...

I haven't spent a lot of time trying to use paddle controllers with MAME, but when I have it's been hit and miss. I have been able to play games like Arkanoid and Breakout, but others have not worked. Driving controllers will not work at all--emulators need to have specific support for them built in. Therefore, games in MAME that use a spinner without stops (like the 2600 Driving Controllers) won't work.

..Al

Has anyone gotten te paddles to work in arkanoid? i am having the same trouble as the guy above me, they paddle jumps uncontrollably!. The paddles work fine. I tried messing with the analog control settings in me with the digital speed and sesitivity, but can't seem to get it at all

• 8 years later...