IGNORED

Thanks, Miker!

Heaven/TQA

I'm also not sure why someone is naming himself "Chrodegang"... perhaps he thinks he is some holy spirit or else.

hmmm....makes me wonder. What does 'chrodegang' mean? :ponder:

It was an Arcbishop in a time when France, Netherlands and Germany (and others) were one country.... "declared holy".

but the name also stands for a warrior and/or a warrior's helper. The english word "crude" is familiar with it.

Well, what to think about people using this name for a forum?

Edited by emkay

How disappointing

Hehe, exactly!

Well - now lemme light a candle for "Hardsynth" topic.

Rest in pieces! :D

Why not lighten a candle for the A8 at all? Only techniques that are useful for handling the A8 in the "real" life would keep it alive, at least in parts. The C64 seems to have won the race again, because SID and his programming techniques made it useful even for the Music of today. And, you know what? That Timbaland-Guy uses only some arpeggio style with sawtooth generators of the SID. It really could have been a POKEY doing the same.

BUT....

Well - now lemme light a candle for "Hardsynth" topic.

.... says enough.

Raster would have done better, never to release RMT.

Raster did a project and still isn't willing to finish it. It's better to have nothing than to have time wasting crap.

Emkay, I'm sorry. I apologize for existence of Raster Music Tracker. Please, don't use it.

That's all what I can answer to your verdict. :roll:

Raster did a project and still isn't willing to finish it. It's better to have nothing than to have time wasting crap.

Well, i think Raster made RMT to suit HIS needs, nothing more. And i see no problem with that at all.

I guess that we should really stop it... as it gets too personal imho. and i will code what i like in a way i want it to be and with feedback by others (doesnt matter if they come from emkay or whoever).

and Raster... I guess Emkay shoutet out regarding RMT simply because he was little bit upset. I fully appreciate a PC tracker to use in my games/demos. :D don't get it personal.

Woooo....

What´s going on here. This thread gets totally strange. Someone should go out to get some icy water to bet the flames that are going on here.

No need to blame other work in such ways, that is done here!!!

Warriors: Get cold now! Here is no arena. The little machine and it´s programmes are a only a hobby to all of us, no need to become angry each other!

------------------- OT OFF ----------------------------------

@Miker: I like your tune, too.

Emkay, I'm sorry. I apologize for existence of Raster Music Tracker. Please, don't use it.

That's all what I can answer to your verdict. :roll:

1st ) back in 2003 RMT was announced to get the "ultimate" pokey tracker. That's why I started to bring some experiences in.

And, yes. There was actually one "POKEY" upgrade: Later, it was possible to use 1.79MHz freely.

Two years later, someone patched the emulation....

Two years later someone did some patch on the notation table.

... perhaps in 20 Years someone adds some filter correction...

and finally, perhaps, in 200 Years we are all dead and no one ever knows what an ATARI computer is.

2nd) The sentence was written in the context to the sick writings of "Chrogegang". He really should search for a psychatrist, because he don't understand his own writings(even in german) .

I still hope, there will be an ultimate pokey tracker in the near future. Why not RMT?

Edited by emkay

I still hope, there will be an ultimate pokey tracker in the near future.

In 2002 I was already hoping for 10 years for ANY x86 Pokey tracker.

But nobody made it.

That was why I made RMT.

So, if RMT doesn't satisfy you then You can make the ULTIMATE pokey tracker by yourself. It's your dream.

Why not RMT?

It's easy to say what other people should be doing (and how it is simple, important, requisite,...), but it's hard to find time and energy to do it by oneself.

Please, let me decide what I want to be working on, as well as I give you right to be working on your own ULTIMATE tracker.

Emkay: Despite the fact that my wishlist related to RMT is pretty long, I find this tracker as one of the best appz ever wrtitten. It's amazing, that someone like Raster wants to work for... 10 people maybe? By the way, you have insulted some people by saying that good musicians do not use Atari. Raster does, so does X-Ray.

I would suggest you to try to be more carefully with your opinions. I'm really confused by your lack of respect to someone who made very nice piece of software, someone who is very helpfull and patient (even with my dumb questions) and someone who is open for any ideas (now you owe me this effect thing, Raster :D )

Just wondering what prevents you from writing a better tool than RMT? I would be more than happy to have another tracker, really. Another tracker, another choise, another tune.

eL aI eS iU

Emkay: Despite the fact that my wishlist related to RMT is pretty long, I find this tracker as one of the best appz ever wrtitten. It's amazing, that someone like Raster wants to work for... 10 people maybe? By the way, you have insulted some people by saying that good musicians do not use Atari. Raster does, so does X-Ray.

Well, I wrote in other words what you wrote here:

I wrote nothing else than that the A8 has a very low count on good musicians.

But, I also wrote, that real musicians don't use pokey for making music.

How could they? And, why should they have to learn programming on the POKEY?

Have a look at this:

http://www.sidstation.com/

You see a tool, every "electronic music" interested musician can handle.

Just wondering what prevents you from writing a better tool than RMT? I would be more than happy to have another tracker, really. Another tracker, another choise, another tune.

Simple thing:

Back in the 80's , when the A8 "lived" I had the same ideas. But, while being busy with "real life" i asked for co work of/with other A8 people.

With co-work you can do "needed" stuff in a much shorter time.

You may compare it with Microsoft Windows and Linux.

Using Linux, everyone tries to create his own stuff, thus the "standards" on Linux are wide, causing a break in every new step.

Using Microsoft, everyone tries to put stuff on it just for making money. Everyone is blaming MS for it's rudimentary own standards, but also every professional Developer is opening his Moneysack ;-) using those standards. And so Windows was growing until today.

Well... no money there when developing things for the A8. And, to have some people "for the love to the A8" wasn't possible at all. So I retired from developing things on the A8.

OK. Today it's a little easier. Caused by the internet, people with similar interests can meet here on the AA forums.

As you may have seen: Fandal asked me several times to help with his projects. So I did, and I did it with fun (Title for Cubico and repaint of the Commando picture (and some other) .

The problem today is, that MY interests in POKEY programming and gaining "real" music are not shared with others. There are too less people creating needed software and even lesser people share my idea of music creation.

And the most particular problem: Most of them do not even recognize "by ear" what my intentions are, as you may see in the "sound check" thread.

Perhaps I gonna ask Bill Gates for some help ;-)

I don't speak English very well (and I don't know German at all) but I think in this thread there are some misunderstandings that have created a conflict escalation.

What I like of AtariAge Forums is that people are very polite with each other so, please, bury the hatchet!

PS I am not able to recognize by ear Emkay's intentions but I like to read threads where people try to push 8 bit computers to their limits.