IGNORED

N64 HSC: What game do you want for week 2

Good choice....I second it.

It's harder thinking of games to play for the N64 HSC.......with most games having the lack of a dedicated scoring mechanism.

Plus, it doesn't seem that many are playing. I might have been the only one to play Robotron for longer than 5 minutes. :P

I also played Robotron competitively, but alas couldn't beat my first posted score. So I guess it'll be Goldeneye, what shadow460 suggested. I am unfamiliar with the game, so how does best time on Agent 00 difficulty on the first level sound? (so people like me can jump right in and start playing it without having to worry about having a level be unlocked.) For week 3, I'll start polls. Two choices I have for week 3's poll include Mario Kart 64 (best time on Luigi Circuit) and Asteroids Hyper 64, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Good choice....I second it.

It's harder thinking of games to play for the N64 HSC.......with most games having the lack of a dedicated scoring mechanism.

Plus, it doesn't seem that many are playing. I might have been the only one to play Robotron for longer than 5 minutes. :P

are you kidding I love RObo 64 but I havent had much time the last few days.

Perhaps we should run the first five levels of the 00 Agent setting, then. I was thinking the Dam and the Facility anyway, which are one and two respectively. Aztec could be a bonus round for those who have mastered the game.

Fastest laps are cool, too. We could try stuff like fastest lap at Klies Bridge in wipEout 64 (common cart, first track), Qouron IV on the same game, also extreme-G is common and could be used. I'd also suggest Mickey's Speedway USA, as this can be affected for those who own a Transfer Pak and the Color Game Boy cart. Both versions of the game are rare, though.

Don't the Tetris titles have scoring?

If a game lacks scoring, then we could see who gets the furthest without dying. Once again, Goldeneye would be ideal for this...see who gets the furthest on 00 Agent before they die the first time (it WILL happen).

Other ideas:

StarCraft 64: Fastest completion of a given mission.

StarFox 64: Highest mission before Fox's ships are all lost.

KI Gold: Longest winning streak on medium difficulty against the AI.

Best scores and largest spread in any sports game.

Highest scores in Zelda mini games. I'd recommend longest run without dying, but I can make it through Ocarina on a single life and I'm sure others can as well.

Best lap, race or circuit time in any racing game.

Best score in Perfect Dark's shooting range. Pick several events.

Longest winning streaks in Pokemon Stadium, best times or scores in mini games.

Edited by shadow460

Yea...add Perfect Dark into the mix, too.

And fastest laps for the different racing games are good.

I'll get started on Goldeneye tonight.....and hopefully someone else will continue to compete in Robotron. As I remember, we were competing on default settings.

holy shit what the hell is that?

That is a Mr Backup Z64 unit. Except now it's been modified with a special BIOS and an SD card reader, so the zip drive is no longer necessary. :cool:

I want one of those but they cost over 500 dollars used!!!! I think I will stick to collecting carts. Plus I always hated zip disks (I can still remember the "click of death" on both of my old zip drives). The modded unit you have looks really cool.

Edited by kevin242

I want one of those but they cost over 500 dollars used!!!! I think I will stick to collecting carts. Plus I always hated zip disks (I can still remember the "click of death" on both of my old zip drives). The modded unit you have looks really cool.

I figure they'd be expensive these days. As for the zip disks/drives they were always pretty good to me. But you can't beat an SD card. :cool:

Time to test my newly-rebuilt blue controller...

OK, now for some vital stats to get this thing rolling.

dam:

All objective complete

Life remaining: 2

Armor: 0

Time: 24:58

Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle

Head shots: 23

facility:

All objectives complete

Life remaining: 3.5

Armor: 0

Time: 22:46