IGNORED

Tritris

atari2600land

Here's a new game that's Tetris with the shapes of Trioncube (made with three blocks instead of four.)

Need help with:

+ clearing lines

+ making it game over when the blocks reach the top

Will do by myself next:

+Add title screen, music.

How do you like it so far? Should I keep it at 4k? If so, I have 1,144 bytes left.

trioncube2.bas.bin

trioncube2.bas

• 1 month later...
if you complete a line,it should disappear.

That's something I need help with. I tried to do it on my own, but without success.

Whenever the block drops to the bottom completely, start a loop to check for completed lines and whenever you find one goto another block where it clears that line, does a drawscreen (maybe flashs the line 3x), moves each block down one that is above that new empty line (working from bottom to top one line at a time). Then go back to the start of the first loop again starting at the last completed line (so you may want to store that value) working down again.

• 7 months later...

Was the game you played this one?

http://ds.ign.com/objects/868/868314.html

BTW, I quit working on this because i never found a way to delete a whole row once it was filled up that I could understand and impliment.

Edited by atari2600land

• 1 month later...

What if we change the focus of the game from clearing lines to filling up the whole well without a hole? I think it'd go something like this. The object is to get the score to 0. Anything above 0 at the end isn't a perfect game. The game ends once a piece ends up above the line. Controls are the same in Tetris, only there's one shape so far. The next thing to do is to add more shapes.

brix3.bas.bin

brix3.bas

Edited by atari2600land

Problem mentioned above fixed. Also, the shapes now rotate clockwise instead of counterclockwise. If you find any weird goings-on with the shapes, please tell me.

Bug - once the last row has been filled up and it's not going to be a perfect game, one more shape will drop.

brix7clockwise.bas.bin

brix7clockwise.bas