IGNORED

Poor sales of Space Giraffe make Jeff Minter sad (joystiq.com)

8th lutz

• 5 months later...
lol. Did Space Giraffe get delisted? Or did it make the cut?

I'm not aware that they've announced anything beyond their intentions to clear out underpeforming XBLA titles. I imagine Space Giraffe might be one of the early candidates to go, though I think it's a much better game than he was given credit for.

I really like Space Giraffe; I think it’s addicting, fun, and very easy to play. I agree with everyone else; Minter went overboard on the psychedelic effects and he really could have toned things down.

Jeff, we know you’re awesome with graphics, but there was no reason to make it into a bad LSD trip!

Edited by retrogeek

Graphics are great but not when they distract from the game. T2k

offended in this way but not nearly as much as T3k and now Space

Giraffe.

Great gfx by it self cannot make a game good. Game play even

with shitty gfx is always good even if it don't look great.

Graphics balanced with game play properly, makes a good game.

Blowing your coding prowess load on the very first level is not smart.

Just out of curiousity, I downloaded the trial version of the game and it stinks, they essentially took Tempest and changed its name.

Nah Not really. It might look like Tempest, (That foreground not that trippy lightshow in the background) but doesn't play like Tempest at all. If you try and play SG like Tempest, you will get a shitty low score and die quickly.

lol. Did Space Giraffe get delisted? Or did it make the cut?

I'm not aware that they've announced anything beyond their intentions to clear out underpeforming XBLA titles. I imagine Space Giraffe might be one of the early candidates to go, though I think it's a much better game than he was given credit for.

NOOOO! Somebody save Space Giraffe! :-o Edited by Segataritensoftii

I start this game up and try to like it from time to time. I still find that I have a much greater experience pulling out my rotary controller and throwing in T2K.

How did the Tempest remake for the 360 fare? I never did try that out.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Was never much of a Tempest fan so I never tried the remake.

The Centipede/Millipede remakes were a bit dissapointing.....although I was just downloading them for the original versions anyways. The Asteroids remake is hard as hell. The Warlords remake is everything AND a bag of potato chips.

I start this game up and try to like it from time to time. I still find that I have a much greater experience pulling out my rotary controller and throwing in T2K.

How did the Tempest remake for the 360 fare? I never did try that out.

The Tempest remake for the 360 was really good in my opinion, the ''Evolve'' mode is basically T2K. So far honestly I have liked all of the Atari arcade games on Live.

• 5 months later...