IGNORED

What are your video game prospects for the Holiday season?

Rhindle The Red

What are your video game prospects for the Holiday season?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What video game stuff do you expect to receive? (click all that apply)

• Vintage hardware
    • Vintage software
    • Modern hardware
    • Modern software
    • None
    • I don't receive gifts
  2. 2. What video game stuff do you expect to give? (click all that apply)

• Vintage hardware
    • Vintage software
    • Modern hardware
    • Modern software
    • None
    • I don't give gifts

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Now that Thanksgiving is out of the way (for those of us in the US), it's time to talk holiday gift giving.

What do you think the holiday season will be like for you, game-wise? Do you think you're going to get a vintage game you really need? Are you buying your kids a Wii?

How's it shaping up for you?

Well depending on what i get from my wife,in-laws,and my family money wise i want to try and buy one of the following.........

Nintendo Wii

NeoGeo CD system

Turbo Duo-R system

Homebrews from AtariAge store

Games for any of the above listed systems if i buy any one of these

2600,Colecovision,Intellivision,or Import Sega Saturn games

I'd also like to add that the poll is either messed up, or I am. I could only click one option for the what you expect to give section.

Just caught that myself. I forgot to check the "multiple answers" box. Let me know what else you wanted to check and I'll add the numbers in.

I bought a Wii, used. It came with Wii Sports, Call of Duty 3, NFL 2007, Red Steel.

Wii sports is great. Tried NFL 2007, I will never play that again. I didn't even try the other 2 games.

I really find sitting down with a manual and studying all night, to be a boring way of playing video games.

That's why Wii is cool, *some* of the software works right....the rest is cheap ports from the 'serious' gamer camp...those should be avoided.

I like the Wii, and don't regret buying it, and I only saved a little off list, but, it was still better, than not being able to find one, or paying double price on e-bay. Usually my tolerance for buying hardware is about $50. So...while I've owned a playstation, Atari 7800, NES....all were bought long after they were discontinued at bargain prices...

I wish I could find a colecovision...I guess next summer, I'll go to some flea markets.

Or maybe just buy one of those reconfigurable computers, like the c-one...it should probably be able to be a colecovision, I think...well someone would have to do a cartridge port...anyway...thats next year, not this one.

• 8 years later...