IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Week #5 - Venture

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

VENTURE

post-14567-1196230227.jpg

Game Info

You control Winky, the heroic adventurer. Your goal is to collect as many treasures as you can which are scattered throughout numerous dungeons. In each dungeon, there are several chambers which each contain a treasure. Armed only with your crossbow, you need to get past the varied creatures which guard the chamber, snag the treasure, and make it out again. When you collect the treasure from each of the chambers in a dungeon, you can then move on to the next, more difficult dungeon.

-This game was suggested by: theking21083

-Skill level: 1

Challenge

-None

Challenge Bets

-None

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be the following Wednesday at 2:00 A.M. Eastern.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

-If you would like to make a challenge for this game try to let me know before you post your first score.

Current High Scores

1st - duncantoml (10,012,200)

1st - RJ (1,650,100)

1st - chuckwalla (1,024,100)

1st - Prodos8 (1,016,000)

2nd - 1982 VideoGames (864,600).

3rd - joeybastard (730400)

4th - Mister VCS (409,600)

5th - theking21083 (391,100)

6th - Recycled (296,000)

7th - PressureCooker2600 (226,300)

8th - jboypacman (39,600)

Leaderboard

1st -duncantoml-49 points

2nd -chuckwalla-36 points

3rd -joeybastard-31 points

4th -Blackjack-26 points

5th -theking21083-23 points

6th -Ikrananka-21 points

7th -PressureCooker2600-15 points

8th -Mister VCS-10 points

8th -Recycled-10 points

9th -Albert-9 points

9th -jetset-9 points

10th-1982VideoGames-7 points

11th-purenergy-6 points

12th-RJ-4 points

13th-jboypacman-2 points

14th-edweird13-1 point

14th-ScottHuggins-1 point

14th-Artlover-1 point

14th-Murph74-1 point

Edited by theking21083

The last time (6+ months ago?) I played this game I scored 1 million+, that's when I stopped keeping track. I posted about it, cant find the orig. post & I went back 6 pages.

Can I use this score? I'm not sure I'll play again anytime soon...unless the HSC rules warrants it.

Edited by RJ

The last time (6+ months ago?) I played this game I scored 1 million+, that's when I stopped keeping track. I posted about it, cant find the orig. post & I went back 6 pages.

Can I use this score? I'm not sure I'll play again anytime soon...unless the HSC rules warrants it.

No you can't use a score from a game that you played prior to this week. The point of the HSC is to have fun competing against other member, not just a place to post high scores.

Alright! I'm getting good at this. If the wall room wasn't so dang fast in the later levels, I might have scored more.

Some tips:

- Some rooms have better entry points....like the snake room. Try and enter the rooms AWAY from the enemies. You'll have a better chance of surviving.

- Try and kill every enemy in the room if you have enough time. It's always good to have extra points. I try not to race through a room (even though you get a higher bonus for doing so). There's more of a chance for you to bump into an enemy if you do it that way.

1st - duncantoml (4,004,700)

1st - RJ (1,650,100)

2nd - Mister VCS (409,600)

--why are duncantoml and RJ both ranked as 1st? -------------because both rolled the scores?

There are more than 2 million points between both gamers!

I think it would be better to accept "million-plus" scores only with a screenshot!

Edited by Mister VCS

1st - duncantoml (4,004,700)

1st - RJ (1,650,100)

2nd - Mister VCS (409,600)

--why are duncantoml and RJ both ranked as 1st? -------------because both rolled the scores?

There are more than 2 million points between both gamers!

I think it would be better to accept "million-plus" scores only with a screenshot!

The reason that they are tied for first is because they both have over 1million points. The point of the HSC is to have fun, not to run a marathon just to get 1st place. I don't require a screenshot for any score, the HSC is run on trust. If somebody wants to cheat just to get 1st place then what is the fun in that. If you feel that somebody is cheating just let me know and I will look into it.

It has to be on trust because even the screenshots can be faked anyway. I could easily change my scores in Photoshop but what would be the point? This is just for fun, nobody wins anything.

Edited by joeybastard

I've loved this game since I saw it at my cousin's house 25 years ago. Seeing that big high-res arrow shooting blew me away that day.

Only problem is that an experienced player can play forever on Level 1.

Here's a score of 1,024,100 with a screenshot before I hit 1,000,000 and after (I had enough after that).

By the way, I recently played Venture on Costco's "Ultimate Arcade" upright (majorly "OVERPRICED" and undergamed, but nice control panel) and still prefer the CV version (better control and less frustrating).

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...&lang=en-US

post-4618-1196626471_thumb.jpg

post-4618-1196626478_thumb.jpg

Edited by chuckwalla