IGNORED

Definitive Alien vs. Predator guide *NEW SCANS*

Gunstar

To whom it may concern,

I recently found a magazine clipping of the definitive AvP guide that was originally published in Tips&Tricks magazine, winter 1995. For anyone looking for an excellent walk-through of this game. It includes full maps with all details of items of every level, both the Predator and Alien ships and all the airducts. and it's in full color. 6 pages with 2 pages devoted to the maps. It has full strategy for the marine scenario too, step-by-step to help you decide what order of "missions" is best/necessary and what can be skipped (like if you come across security card 5 before #4, there's no need to go after #4, etc.). As well as strategies for the Predator and Alien scenarios, which are less complex. JFYI.

post-149-1199685199_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199685280_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199685378_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199685432_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199685544_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199685584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 4

Is this guide better then the walkthrough in the "Official Atari Jaguar Game Guide"?

I can't say, I did have the OAJGG book at one time, but by the time I had gotten it I had already used the Tips&Tricks version and I never really looked closely at the OAJGG version. All I can say is that the Tips&Tricks one is A definitive guide, if not the definitive guide. It's very detailed and you will have no trouble with the game at all using it as a referance.

If it was called CD consoles, then why was a cartridge that is AvP in there! Blashpemy! :P :D

Probably becuase the jaguar CD was promised from the beginning and the magazine included it becuase it was a contemporary console of the time and soon to have a CD add-on. :ponder:

LOL Gunstar... ;) Thanks for enlightening me. :roll:

Sorry that you feel I am once again attempting to "correct" you, I'm just joining in on the conversation, and I realize you were at least in part, joking, due to the smilies, but I assumed there was at least a minute amount of sincere questioning there too, hence my reply. :roll: My cup is half full, apparently yours is half empty.

Speaking of AvP and CD... I was searching some stores and I found this on www.usedvideogames.com:

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 21.95

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR CD 24.95

In all the time I have been collecting for the Jag (12 years) I have never heard of a CD version of AvP. I have been a little less involved with the Jag for the last year or so (up until about a month ago) and I know that some beta versions of games have been put out encrypted for Jag CD (like Fight for Life and BIWN.) Has anybody put out any version of AvP on cd?

I figure this is simply an error but there is a difference between the two prices and I am curious as to what you would receive if you ordered the CD version.

Speaking of AvP and CD... I was searching some stores and I found this on www.usedvideogames.com:

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 21.95

In all the time I have been collecting for the Jag (12 years) I have never heard of a CD version of AvP. I have been a little less involved with the Jag for the last year or so (up until about a month ago) and I know that some beta versions of games have been put out encrypted for Jag CD (like Fight for Life and BIWN.) Has anybody put out any version of AvP on cd?

I figure this is simply an error but there is a difference between the two prices and I am curious as to what you would receive if you ordered the CD version.

there is no available AVP cd,sorry buddy,it would be cool..

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 21.95

there is no available AVP cd,sorry buddy,it would be cool..

I didn't figure there was. I am pretty sure I would know about it.

I'm sure there is a Proto floating around out there somewhere. ;) Well, probably one of AvP's programmers at Rebellion has it. ;)

lets contact everyone of them! their pictures are all in the chicken video for Highlander,and are poster on youtube thanks to Dr Clue! :cool:

oh wait wrong game,LOL.. :P Would be cool to check with them all tho :)

I'm sure there is a Proto floating around out there somewhere. ;) Well, probably one of AvP's programmers at Rebellion has it. ;)

lets contact everyone of them! their pictures are all in the chicken video for Highlander,and are poster on youtube thanks to Dr Clue! :cool:

From what I recall, Atari brought one or more of the Rebellion programmers in-house to work on AvP CD version, I don't remember how far along it got though, or if it was even a true sequel or if it was going to be an expanded version of the cartridge.

From what I recall, Atari brought one or more of the Rebellion programmers in-house to work on AvP CD version, I don't remember how far along it got though, or if it was even a true sequel or if it was going to be an expanded version of the cartridge.

Atari brought Rebellion in-house to work on finishing AvP. it did have nothing to do with AvP Cd but just with the fact that AvP di take forever and was pushed back on release several times. Some of the Atari Testers like Lance Lewis also had to help out on level design and such.

Atari brought Rebellion in-house to work on finishing AvP. it did have nothing to do with AvP Cd but just with the fact that AvP di take forever and was pushed back on release several times. Some of the Atari Testers like Lance Lewis also had to help out on level design and such.

Thanks for clearing that up. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I have my scanner working again and have uploaded scans of the Tips&Tricks AvP guide to the first post of this thread. These are in ENGLISH. Enjoy! :cool:

Edited by Gunstar