IGNORED

Dreamcast twin stick

shadow460

What's the best way to get a Twin Stick going on the Dreamcast? I'm sick of letting Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram sit around and collect dust. Does anyone know how to build a converter, no matter if I have to butch Saturn or Dreamcast hardware?

I've even got a Saturn Twin Stick. Modding that for use with either system would be nice, as it would save the space of a Dreamcast Twin Stick sitting right there. It would also let me use a familiar controller on either Virtual On game. On that thought, is there a port of Virtual On: Operation Moongate fo the Dreamcast?

I love the games, but they are both totally unplayable without the Twin Stick. I've beaten Operation Moongate several times, but I just cannot get the stock Dreamcast pads to work right with Oratorio Tangram.

My solutions are to drop $200 on the Dreamcast Twin Stick, drop $25 on an adapter (preferred method), mod the Twin Stick, os use Oratorio Tangram for something useful, like a coaster. I found the adapter and a Twin Stick on fleabay. I'm not sure I'd cut up a working Saturn Twin Stick due to its value and the royal pain in the neck I went through just to get it shipped from Sega of Japan. Using the disc as a coaster would negate the benefits it got from a polishing two years ago, so that's out.

Yeah, why buy a DC twin stick when you can buy a SS one for $50 and get a $15 or so adapter to use it on both systems?

Make that $15 for the adapter only. I've already got the Saturn Twin Stick, and I think I'll stay with that. I looked at the Total Control 3, and that's probably what I'll do.

I have been looking for a Sony Flight Stick for Colony Wars, but that doesn't use the more common Dual Shock control type. I'm not sure if any adapters out there would convert the Flight Stick to a DC controller. If there are some, my DAP would fill in well for the Flight Stick until then. Still, I'm used to the Twin Stick's digital control, and the microswitches that give you a positive feedback from the controller itself.

One thing--this might cause me to favor the actual DC Twin Stick--does it have the second slot for the Jump Pack? If so, maybe it is indeed worth the $90 and the extra space in my cabinet.

Edited by shadow460