IGNORED

Have any of you seen this before, interesting Vulture Attack label

brucebidder

post-11652-1197418810_thumb.jpg

OK I'm looking for any information anyone has about this. I have 2 Vulture attacks by K-tel Vision. One from a flea market and one from an auction online. The one I bought at the flea market has two labels. The K-Tel Label over a Condor Attack label. The gentleman I bought it from was an older guy selling household junk he was a once a year kind of flea market seller, not the every week kind. I bought an Atari 2600 and like 20 games this was one of them. I noticed the label and asked him about it. He said he hadn't noticed it before but the system had been in the attic for 20 years. He was the original owner, he bought it for his kids. He bought all the games new at one time or another from a toy store(I believe he said it was a private owned store) in his town and he remembered this one cause it was the last game he bought and it was a birthday present for his oldest son and the family concensus was the game stunk. That said I have inquired for the last year in different forums and at a few local games shows. I know that one other person had one, but I did not physically see it. Also I saw a thread on here last year where somebody else mentioned having a game like this. But it was looked at as someone probably glued one label over the other. SO I am curious if anyone knows anything about this. I mean it seems strange to thing someone glued a label from a 200.00 game over the label for another 200.00 game I mean why. The Vulture attack is faded but seems real with all the classic fading signs and all the same consistancies that my other one has. The Condor attack looks great, probably for being covered for 25 years. But anyway any info would be greatly appreciated.

post-11652-1197418810_thumb.jpg

OK I'm looking for any information anyone has about this. I have 2 Vulture attacks by K-tel Vision. One from a flea market and one from an auction online. The one I bought at the flea market has two labels. The K-Tel Label over a Condor Attack label. The gentleman I bought it from was an older guy selling household junk he was a once a year kind of flea market seller, not the every week kind. I bought an Atari 2600 and like 20 games this was one of them. I noticed the label and asked him about it. He said he hadn't noticed it before but the system had been in the attic for 20 years. He was the original owner, he bought it for his kids. He bought all the games new at one time or another from a toy store(I believe he said it was a private owned store) in his town and he remembered this one cause it was the last game he bought and it was a birthday present for his oldest son and the family concensus was the game stunk. That said I have inquired for the last year in different forums and at a few local games shows. I know that one other person had one, but I did not physically see it. Also I saw a thread on here last year where somebody else mentioned having a game like this. But it was looked at as someone probably glued one label over the other. SO I am curious if anyone knows anything about this. I mean it seems strange to thing someone glued a label from a 200.00 game over the label for another 200.00 game I mean why. The Vulture attack is faded but seems real with all the classic fading signs and all the same consistancies that my other one has. The Condor attack looks great, probably for being covered for 25 years. But anyway any info would be greatly appreciated.

This is the third time someone has popped up with a Condor Attack under a Vulture Attack label. My guess is that when Ultravision went under K-Tel bought out the remaining Condor Attack stock and relabeled them Vulture Attack. So in all intents in purposes what you have there is a Condor Attack with a Vulture Attack label. If you ever do decide to sell that one, I would recommend taking the Vulture Attack label off and selling it as a Condor Attack. Some other member did just that and was able to get $199 by doing that. Which a lot more than what a loose Vulture Attack goes for. He also sold the Vulture attack label and got some extra money that way as well.

Edited by homerwannabee

This is the third time someone has popped up with a Condor Attack under a Vulture Attack label. My guess is that when Ultravision went under K-Tel bought out the remaining Condor Attack stock and relabeled them Vulture Attack. So in all intents in purposes what you have there is a Condor Attack with a Vulture Attack label. If you ever do decide to sell that one, I would recommend taking the Vulture Attack label off and selling it as a Condor Attack. Some other member did just that and was able to get $199 by doing that. Which a lot more than what a loose Vulture Attack goes for. He also sold the Vulture attack label and got some extra money that way as well.

I am curious though if it would be worth more keeping it as is. It seems that this is a much rarely instance than either of the individual labels.

Edited by brucebidder

It's definitely the most rare of all three combinations. I have owned to Vulture Attacks myself and neither had the Condor Attack label underneath. I'd keep it as is because I see your Condor Attack label already begining to tear. Money wise there is probably more money for a Condor Attack then Vulture Attack because the American crowd is bigger and wants an American collection. IMO Condor Attack and Vulture Attack are about the same rarity though.

Please leave the label on.

Somehow the price of this cart rises if you tear it apart, which doesn't make sense at all in the end.

Here's some more info, btw:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=12099

8)

You know, you're right Rom. I've noticed that wierd conundrum. :?:

Does an original release Condor Attack display the Funvision logo at the bottom of the screen, while Vulture Attack doesn't?

Vulture Attack does not have the Funvision logo at the bottom of the screen. It is 100% the same as the Condor Attack rom. I dumped both of mine and compared them. When you open it up you see a Funvision circuit board inside. Vulture Attack is a prom, not eprom.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...amp;pid=1341855

Edit: It does not have the logo at the bottom of the screen. I had Vulture Attack and Spider Maze confused for some reason and I was thinking of the differences between Inca Gold and Spider Maze. I did dump Vulture Attack at one point though and it was 100% the same as Condor Attack.

Edited by Omegamatrix

Omegamatrix,

Could you still post that NTSC Vulture Attack ROM for me?

I want to compare it with the CCE version.

8)

Unless I've already posted it before you'll have to wait until I get some parts from Cpuwiz as my dumper is out of commission at the moment. I thought I posted it at least once before, but I couldn't find it.

~Omega

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the tips,but that stamp gum remover is really expensive.

Yes it is.

the stamp gum remover in the UK is 14 quid and about another 14 for the 2 mildew remover bottles plus shipping. That's not too bad if you can improve the labels on all the K-tels

Sweet! Pangasinan I remember reading a thread where a guy took some spot remover stuff to his K-Tels. It was a while back though.

Thats probably me

Here is the link to the old thread my post is number 3 down the page

Stain Remover Post

FND

BTW, do you have to remove the label or can you clean it whilst its on the cart?

Sweet! Pangasinan I remember reading a thread where a guy took some spot remover stuff to his K-Tels. It was a while back though.

Thats probably me

Here is the link to the old thread my post is number 3 down the page

Stain Remover Post

FND

BTW, do you have to remove the label or can you clean it whilst its on the cart?

You must remove the label since it needs to be soaked in the solutions and then rinsed with warm water.

Removing the label can be done with the help of a Hair Dryer

FND