IGNORED

Colecovision WIP: Frog Feast

Mark2008

Everyone,

I'm forking Frog Feast down into 2 separate games.

Frog Feast (Open Source version).

This is complete, and the rom is attached to this message.

Looks good. I'll have to look around for an emu that'll do justice to the sound.

Edited by hardhat

Everyone,

I'm forking Frog Feast down into 2 separate games.

Frog Feast (Open Source version).

This is complete, and the rom is attached to this message.

Frog Feast Deluxe (commercial version).

This will be available in March, April timeframe. It contains 4 additional levels of my own making, that are not part of the Rastorsoft Frog feast lineup, plus a few other additions.

Great job!

Put me in the list. I want a cartridge of this game. April, May or June is fine for me... take your time to finish it well.

• 2 months later...
Thanks everyone for the feedback...I have certainly enjoyed the experience a lot, and plan to continue.

That's pretty impressive.

What did you change to make the AI frog more aggressive?

Good luck getting an answer from Mark2008. He hasn't been seen on the AA forums since January 22nd. Seems like he dropped everything and moved on to greener pastures...

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

I assume this game was never finished? I tried the last attachment and the game is fun. My kids loved it and Colecovision games tend to be too tough, so this was a good find in the Colecovision library. But, the sound is terrible, I just had to turn the sound off. It seems from reading the thread that the sound was fixed, but I guess not? Is this the final version?

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to tell you all, that I just now read some of your feedback, and I want to say thanks.

Little background, well, maybe some major background - back in 1980, when I was 11 years old my family picked up a Ti-99/4A computer.

I wrote a game which was a brickout clone in ti-99/4A extended basic, but due to limitations of TI extended basic, it didn't run as well as I would have liked, and I showed it to a friend who wanted to like it, but he was concerned with some problems with the collision detection.

The problem is, I was a major sensitive artist type, so I never showed anyone my work again, until I wrote some small port of lunar lander for the palm pilot in the late 90s and then Frog Feast for Colecovsion, I guess in 2007.

Now, if you are thinking, that's a little weird - indeed.

Anyway, by 2007 I was thinking there is something wrong with me, I can't ever complete a program! Thank goodness that wasn't my day job! LOL

But in 2010, I signed up to become a Titanium developer - and to write apps for iOS. My first app was released to the general public in 2011 - and my gosh I was sick! Thousands of people saw that app, and I felt so sick by it. But well, you know, it was probably good to push myself a little bit, and be a little uncomfortable.

haha, ok, this was a random sharing, right.... I wasn't a colecovision guy back in the 80's.... the Ti-99 was the family computer but I eventually owned an Atari 800XL - and that's my platform from 'back in the day'.

Nowadays Im totally into iOS. I won't be doing any colecovision stuff again, but thanks to cdoty and newcoleco for some awesome fun with colecovision back in 2007! woot

I just wanted to tell you all, that I just now read some of your feedback, and I want to say thanks.

Little background, well, maybe some major background - back in 1980, when I was 11 years old my family picked up a Ti-99/4A computer.

I wrote a game which was a brickout clone in ti-99/4A extended basic, but due to limitations of TI extended basic, it didn't run as well as I would have liked, and I showed it to a friend who wanted to like it, but he was concerned with some problems with the collision detection.

The problem is, I was a major sensitive artist type, so I never showed anyone my work again, until I wrote some small port of lunar lander for the palm pilot in the late 90s and then Frog Feast for Colecovsion, I guess in 2007.

Now, if you are thinking, that's a little weird - indeed.

Anyway, by 2007 I was thinking there is something wrong with me, I can't ever complete a program! Thank goodness that wasn't my day job! LOL

But in 2010, I signed up to become a Titanium developer - and to write apps for iOS. My first app was released to the general public in 2011 - and my gosh I was sick! Thousands of people saw that app, and I felt so sick by it. But well, you know, it was probably good to push myself a little bit, and be a little uncomfortable.

haha, ok, this was a random sharing, right.... I wasn't a colecovision guy back in the 80's.... the Ti-99 was the family computer but I eventually owned an Atari 800XL - and that's my platform from 'back in the day'.

Nowadays Im totally into iOS. I won't be doing any colecovision stuff again, but thanks to cdoty and newcoleco for some awesome fun with colecovision back in 2007! woot

Cool you are into iOS, good luck!

BTW, before you disappear again from Colecovision scene, it would be nice if you could release the source code so other developers could finish and polish the game.